Two Hearts

As soon as Kit was inside Ty's room, the door closed behind him. His heart was thumping inside his rib cage as he looked around the room. It was the same way it had been when he last saw it. The window was open and cool breeze was flowing in. The bed was neatly made. Ty's headphones and Livvy's locket were on the bedside table. But Ty was nowhere to be seen.

Kit sighed with relief. Dru should be in her room by now, unless she was eavesdropping again. She wouldn't notice if Kit went silently back to his room. He was just about to turn around and haul ass out of the room when the bathroom door opened and Ty stepped out.

Ty was naked except for a towel around his waist. He was dripping wet. His jet black hair, wet from the shower, fell across his grey eyes. Ty looked startled for a moment when he saw Kit, but then he relaxed and something like relief passed acrossed his face.

"Kit, I- what are you doing here?"

"I- , Dru told- I came to talk to you", Kit said, "but I hadn't expected to find you half-naked."

Ty smiled with embarrassment and he was blushing. His pale face was now pink. Then he stopped smiling and his eyes filled with guilt. He walked across the room and stood in front of Kit.

" Kit, I'm really sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have hit you. I acted like an idiot. Please, forgive me. " Tears pooled in Ty's eyes as he said those words. He looked down as if in shame. " I lost Livvy and I don't want to loose you too. "

Now, tears were rolling down his cheeks.

Kit closed the gap between them and held Ty's face with his hands. "Hey, Ty, look at me. Look at me." Ty looked up at him and Kit wiped those tears away with his thumb. "Stop crying. Please. I don't like it when you are unhappy."

Ty stopped crying and Kit hugged him. He knew that Ty was half-naked, but he didn't mind. He would never mind that. Ty hugged him back fiercely. As he hugged Kit, Ty seemed to relax even more. They stood there, hugging each other, for what felt like forever. Then they broke apart.

Kit looked at Ty. He was looking back at him. Both of them stood there, awkwardly looking at each other without saying a word.
At last Kit broke the silence.

"I- I'll leave you to dress up." He said, and turned around.

"Stay." Kit was almost to the door when Ty said it. "Stay with me." Kit wanted nothing more than that. He started to turn back. "Don't turn back yet. I'll dress up."

Kit stood where he was. Without moving a single muscle in his body. He could hear Ty opening his closet to find clothes to wear. He could hear Ty's every movement. At last, after what felt like an eternity Ty told him that he could turn around.

He was wearing a white t-shirt and grey pants. He looked comfortable enough.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Ty asked.

Kit walked towards the bed and sat. He agreed to stay with Ty, but he didn't think about what they were going to do.

Talk? Maybe, if it doesn't turn out like yesterday. Or sleep together?. (Don't get your hopes up, we are still minors.)

"Where were you the whole day?" Ty asked.

"The beach and the Shadow Market, where else?"

"What did you do?"

I made a call to Jem and Tessa and gave them the green signal to adopt me and take me away from here. Kit doubted Ty wanted to hear those words.

He didn't think about what he was doing then. He felt so lonely. He thought that Ty would not want to see him again. And he thought of having someone to look after him.

Not that Julian wasn't looking after him. He did. But Kit had always wondered about having Jem and Tessa as family. As parents.

And at that time, the idea hadn't seemed bad. So he had called them. They didn't ask why he had changed his decision so suddenly. Maybe they were just surprised that he had even called them.

They seemed happy and excited. He wondered what they would think of him if he called them now and said, Hey, Jem and Tessa, Ty talked to me again and all is well. I don't think you should come and pick me up. Sorry for bothering you. Bye.
Now that he thought about it, they didn't even decide when to meet.

Why did he start packing his clothes then? He guessed that's what angsty teenagers did.

Ty was looking at him, expecting an answer.

"Doesn't matter, Ty. I'm back now. Everything's all right." For now.

"You must be tired. We should sleep." (Again, don't get your hopes up.)

Ty turned the lights off. The window was open. And it was cold inside the room.

The thought of sleeping beside Ty excited him and it also made him kind of nervous. The bed was large enough for both of them.

"There's just one blanket for both of us. You can share it with me, if you don't mind." Ty said.

"No, it's all right." Ty covered himself with the blanket just as a cool breeze came in through the open window. Kit shuddered. "On second thoughts, I could use a blanket."

Ty smiled and let him share the blanket with him. Kit could feel the warmth of Ty's body and suspected that Ty could feel the same.

Moonlight from the window, which wasn't much, was the only source of illumination.

Kit slept on his back, but when he looked to his side, he saw hat Ty was already looking at him. Kit felt himself blushing. He only hoped that Ty could not notice it.

In that moment, Kit was sure that he loved Ty. He loved Ty so much that he could not bear the pain of not talking to him ever again.

He wanted nothing more than to close the distance between them and kiss Ty. Not closing the small distance between them was the hardest thing he had done.

"Yesterday, when you thought I was asleep, why did you do it?" Ty asked.

"Why did I do what?"

"You whispered, 'I can't see you like this Ty, you have to get over it.' Then you leaned in and kissed me on the forehead."

"You were awake." Kit noted.

Ty nodded. Then asked again, "Why did you do it?"

"I think you know why."

Ty watched him for almost a minute before saying, "You love me."