A Dagger

Ty knew just by looking at Kit that he was startled by his question. Ty wasn't sure about what he said. He had wanted it to sound like a question but it had sounded like a fact. Kit looked him in the eyes and Ty watched him back. Ty normally didn't meet anyone's eyes, but it was different with Livvy. And then Kit. Ty has observed that some people liked being looked in the eye when talking. Kit was one of those persons. So, Ty didn't mind looking him in his blue eyes, full of unspoken things. Though Ty didn't know what things they were.

           "I- I don't know what to say to that." Kit got up nervoulsy.

            "Tell the truth." Ty said, getting up too.

           Kit was breathing quickly and didn't meet his eyes when he said, "Yes. Yes, I love you Ty. The first time I saw you was the day you broke into my house and placed a dagger to my throat. I remember thinking how beautiful you looked. When I found out that I was a Shadowhunter and was brought to the institute, you were the one who approaced me. You were the one to befriend me and let me be one of you. You were the one that kept me anchored to the Shadowhunter world. I would have left long ago if it weren't for you. I would have stayed with Jem and Tessa if it weren't for you. You made me fall in love with you. You let me be the Watson to your Sherlock. I heard from Jace that Herondales fall in love just once. And for me I think you are the one, Ty. I love you,Ty. I love you."

               Ty felt something stir inside him. Whenever he was with Kit, he was comfortable, peaceful, and happy. But what was he feeling now? Was it happiness? Was it sadness? He had never felt like this before. He didn't know if this feeling was good or bad.

            And he didn't know how to reply to Kit.
Kit had just confessed his affection towards him. He had emptied all that was in his heart. And Ty didn't know what to say.

           Minutes passed in silence. And then Ty said the only thing that came to his mind. "Put your arms around me." Somehow he felt that he needed it. He needed Kit. "Hold on to me."

                                 ****** 

           Kit didn't need to be told twice. He hugged Ty. And Ty hugged him back. Ty didn't say that he loved him back. Kit had known that he wouldn't. Ty didn't know how to express himself and his emotions through words.

          So Ty had asked him to hold him like he had before. Kit didn't know what that meant.

           Does this mean that Ty loved him back?