About Time

Dru was on her way to breakfast the next morning and decided to ask Ty and Kit to join her. She wondered what happened the last night. She wondered if, after she left, Kit found a way to run back to his room. (She was gonna kill him if he had done that.)

          She opened the door to Ty's room and started. "Guys-".....

           She couldn't describe what she felt at that moment. Surprised? Yes. Unexpected. Yes. Happy? More than ever.

            Kit and Ty were asleep together on Ty's bed, in each other's arms. IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS. Ty's face was on Kit's chest, one of his hands wrapped around Kit's stomach. Kit's arms were around Ty.

           Dru decided not to wake them up and turned to go but not before she took a picture of them cuddling.

           Everyone was already at the breakfast table when she arrived. Julian and Helen were cooking bacon and eggs. Aline was near Helen, helping whenever she could. Cristina and Emma were setting up the table. Mark was deep in conversation with Tavvy, something about doughnut sandwiches. Dru decided to help Emma and Cristina.

          When everything was set, she sat down beside Tavvy.

          "Isn't Ty joining us today?" Tavvy asked.

          "Yeah, he's supposed to be here. And Kit too." Julian stated.

        Dru told them.  "Actually, Kit is a bit tied up right now." (See what I did there?)

        "What do you mean?" Emma asked.

       "Nothing. I'm just saying that they might be busy. Leave them be." Dru answered.

      "Dru, what do you know?" Julian inquired.

      "Nothing." She said, but they all fixed their gaze on her. Dru knew that they weren't going to stop asking questions.
"Alright, I'll show you."

       She showed them the picture of Ty and Kit cuddling. Emma and Cristina squealed with delight. Mark, Jules and Helen smiled. Tavvy didn't seem to find anything interesting in the picture, so he ignored everyone and started eating his breakfast.

      At last Aline said, "About time." Everyone laughed.

      "What's so funny?" A voice from the door spoke. Everyone turned towards it. Kit and Ty were standing at the door, confused. They seemed happy though. Their faces were glowing.

      "We were just talking about how cute you two are. Nothing else." Emma answered.

      "What are you talking about?" Kit and Ty asked at the same time.

      "Show them Dru." Helen addressed Dru.

     "I don't think that's a good idea, Helen." Dru said.

      "Just do what my wife asked you to." (You can probably guess who said that.)

      "What is it Dru?" Kit questioned.

     "Well, don't get mad when I show you guys this. It was just too cute."
        Dru showed them the picture and immediately they both turned as red as tomatoes.

       "So you guys got together huh?" Emma asked.

       "What? No. It's not like that." Kit explained while frantically looking at Ty.

      "Alright guys. Stop." Jules said. Then turned to Kit and Ty. " You guys can sit. Have breakfast."

        Kit and Ty walked over and sat facing each other. Ty between Dru and Mark. Kit between Emma and Cristina, who were both pestering him about the photo.

       "By the way, Kit. Jem called. Said they'll portal in anytime today. He asked me to tell you." Jules told.

       Kit looked as if he had seen a ghost. (He probably has. He's a Herondale, no?)

       "Why? Is Tessa coming too?" Ty asked, curious.

       "Yeah, I think Tessa is coming too. I don't know why though."

      "Do you know why?" Ty asked Kit.

      "Huh? I- They-" Kit looked pale now and he looked genuinely sacred.

     "What is it, Kit?"

    "I called them."

     "Why? When?"
     "Yesterday."

     "Why did you call them?"

      Kit took one long breath, looked at Ty and explained about how Tessa had invited him to Devon to live with them but he had refused. And how yesterday after fighting with Ty, he had called and asked them to take him in.

       Ty listened to everything Kit said without uttering a single word.

      "I'm sorry, Ty. But I thought that you would never speak to me again and the thought about loosing you and being alone didn't sit right with me. And moreover, I want to experience what it is like to have a family."

       Ty stayed silent, looking at his empty plate. No one spoke a word. Not even Tavvy.
At last Ty said, "So, you want to leave me too." And walked away.