The Master Wizard

After a while we finally approached a tower. It was cobblestone, and looked heavily weathered, indicating how old it is. We stopped at the front, at the double doors.

"Here we are." Marilka announced. Geralt turned towards me. He looked at me a moment before grabbing Roach's reins and holding them to Marilka.

"Hold Roach." He commanded. With a big grin, she took Roach's reins, and as she stepped closer, it became unsettled.

"Be nice." He told the horse, as he petted it. It quickly calmed down, allowing Marilka to hold its reins. He motioned for me to follow, to which I gladly took, quickly stepping slightly behind him.

"Hey, Roach." Marilka cooed as Geralt and I made our way to the door. As we made our way to the door, it felt eerie. He examined the door before he went to grab the knocker on the door. As he did so, his hand went through it, an illusion, it appeared.

"This door is an illusion." He said quietly while looking back at Marilka. He grabbed my arm and pulled me along as we went through the door. After we went through, I quickly noticed that his cowl was gone, but nothing else, even on me, was missing. He let go of my hand, and I noticed he was looking ahead of us. I looked ahead and I gasped. It was beautiful, but there were naked women, everywhere, pruning the fruit trees. The whole place, and the women, had an unnatural glow. I quickly realized that I was blushing, due to the warm feeling that was on my cheeks. I looked more at the ground, enough so that I can still see where I'm going but not so much that I have to look at the women. Geralt moved forward a bit and I looked up at him. He was looking at something, so I followed his gaze up from the roots to a beautiful tree, one of bright, vibrant pink leaves.

"Greetings." A man called from the right of us. He wore a black robe, and he was old, and had balding grey hair. He carried a staff, which had a crystal sphere on the top, with wood wrapping around it, holding it in its place as the wood spiraled down.

"I am Stregobor." he stated, making his way over towards us. He stopped, and took a glance at me before returning his attention back to Geralt, who looked completely unfazed about everything. "Master Stregobor. Sorcerer." he continued. I had a feeling that this guy has a decent sized ego. I guess, who wouldn't, being able to wield magic.

"I have a kikimora for Master Irion." Stated Geralt.

"Yes, well, forgive the confusion." Stregobor started. Geralt furrowed his brows a bit. "Master Irion created this tower, but he's been dead for 200 years. So, in order to honor him, I've taken his name as my....personal sobriquet." he further explained.

"Hm." Geralt hummed. "He create this illusion too?" he asked. I smirked a bit, quite proud that I knew something was off, though I'm not nearly to Geralt's level. Though, what should I expect, since he is a witcher.

"No, this is, uh...this is...my own creation." Stregobor stated, carefully. "Helps pass time more delightfully." He further explained. Which I didn't understand.

"Because you're in hiding, Stregobor." Geralt stated, which eased my confusion a bit.

"How very clever of you...Witcher." the sorcerer commended. They looked at each other a moment before Stregobor turned, motioning for Geralt and I to follow. Geralt moved forward, and I followed closely behind.

"Not often do we see your likeness here in Blaviken." The sorcerer stated, looking at Geralt with interest.

"Not many of my 'likeness' left." Geralt stated. Which made me feel a bit sad for Geralt. I wonder what's causing the numbers of witchers to fall.

"Hm." The sorcerer commented. "I'd offer you my condolences, but...I seem to remember that Witchers don't feel..." he continued, earning a look I couldn't read from Geralt.