The City

We made our way back to the town. Geralt tied Roach to a post, grabbing only his sword. He walked ahead, causing me to speed walk to catch up. He was in a hurry, as though he knew where he was going.

"What are we doing?" I questioned. Geralt didn't answer, staring straight ahead, his jaw tight. He had a tight grip on his sword. I took off my bow and nocked an arrow as some men in armor came around the corner, causing Geralt and I to stop.

"She knew you'd come." one of the men said. I glanced past him quickly noticing more men come from the alleyways of the town.

"Where's Renfri?" Geralt questioned. He was alert, as was I. I didn't know when it would occur, but I was prepared for a fight.

"She's at the tower with your little friend, Marilka." The man answered, and I clenched my jaw tight. Marilka is innocent, yet they don't care, instead they're going to use her to get what they want.

"She gave us a message to pass onto you. You have to choose the lesser evil." Another man stated, stepping forward. I gasped softly. They're going to try to kill us, to allow Renfri to exact her revenge.

"It's an ultimatum. Get it?" A different man stated, moving towards us. He drew his sword, as did some of the other men. Geralt glanced down, then looked at me. His jaw was tight, his whole body tense. His grip on the sword was tight as he twirled on his hand, anticipating what was to come, he was more than ready for a fight. I readied myself, looking towards the group of men. One raised his crossbow, and before I could even take my next breath, Geralt had deflected the arrow with his sword, his arm a blur! As though it wasn't anything! One man ran at him, and I took the opportunity to draw and fire my arrow, landing it in the next man's head. Two more men came forward, one going for Geralt and the other at me. I fired an arrow, lodging it in the man's throat as Geralt walked forward, killing the next man without stopping. One of the men ran at me before I could draw my next arrow, but I quickly pulled out my knife, dodging his attack and quickly spun and slit his throat. During that moment, Geralt had made short work of the remaining men. Geralt headed towards another alleyway and I quickly ran to his side as he held out his hand, a blast that stunned the men coming out. One man ran at him, and I ran forward, taking on another one, slicing his leg, causing him to drop, then his throat, finishing him. I turned and Geralt had the first man against the wall, his face contorted in pain, as Geralt shoved him, and the sword, into the door, and left him hanging, as he turned and swiftly cut off his head. Geralt looked at me, his eyes red and vicious, wild, and he was panting hard.

"Geralt! Geralt!" I heard the familiar voice of Marilka cry out. I turned to the sound, as did Geralt, and two silhouetted figures came close. "No!" Marilka pleaded as they stepped into the light. Renfri's sword held near Marilka's throat, her eyes never leaving Geralt. Marilka was gripping Renfri's arm tight, trying not to cry from fear, and Renfri's eyes looked scared, scared of Geralt.

"You chose."

"Let the girl go." Geralt demanded. He walked towards her, his arms outstretched in an attempt at showing peace. Renfri looked at Marilka, before turning her attention back to Geralt.

"I will kill her." She stated, before causing Geralt to stop. "I will kill everyone here until Stregobor comes down." She glanced at me.

"Leave Blaviken." Geralt began, his hand coming up. I saw some magic form as he put his fingers to his thumb. "It's not to late." He stated. She looked unfazed to what he was doing.

"Magic doesn't work on me. Silver does though."

"Silver is for monsters." He pleaded before Renfri threw Marilka into the wall beside her. She put her sword on her arm, for accuracy, preparing to fight.