The Affair

We made our way into the keep. Geralt hoisted me up, on the bridge before pulling himself up, doing the same, with Triss right behind us.

"Temeria reeks of secrets. I could sense them. Just like I could these bodies before we entered. I imagine you sense them too." Triss said, as Geralt started walking a bit past her, examining the corridor. He pulled on the first door to the left of us, and Triss stopped, turning her attention to a painting which also caught my eye.

"Foltest and Adda. What happened to them?" She questioned, to which Geralt turned, looking at the painting as well. "Not answering questions is a pillar of your brooding charm." She stated, causing him to look at her. He glanced at me, before turning away, slightly shaking his head.

"Pretty sure Foltest is the father." He said, continuing down the corridor, with me quickly catching up. I turned, as I didn't hear Triss moving.

"You coming?" I asked, to which she glanced at the painting before following suit. As I walked back, beside Geralt, he seemed to be thinking.

"Hey." I stated, causing him to glance at me. Do you know what is going on yet?"

"Not entirely, that's what we're here for, I need to get a better picture of all of this." He explained, as we made our way up the stairs.  We went through the corridors until we made our way to the end of the hallway, leading to a chamber with double doors. Geralt pushed them open. He stepped in, and I followed, looking around.

"Addas's bedroom." Triss stated. I looked around. To the left was a bed against the middle of the wall, with the drapery over it. Everything was covered in this dust and cobwebs. Some things were knocked over, including a brazier. The room was huge, and the windows were wide, providing a lot of light to seep into the room.

"Do you think he cursed her?" Triss asked Geralt, to which he turned his attention to her. "Foltest?"

"Maybe." He said, simply. I headed over to a stand beside the dresser Geralt started rummaging through, to which I noticed Triss looking through a chest of items. I only found some clothes, but a necklace caught my eye. It was a jewel necklace, of diamond, it appeared, with a sapphire gem in the center. Geralt peeked over, looking at it. I glanced at him, and put it back, though to deny it's beauty would be a lie.

I poked around a bit more, as did Geralt and Triss, with him going to the bed, and Triss looking at the items in the stand beside it. I moved to where Geralt went, and as I did so, he sniffed the bed, twice, before looking disgusted. I glanced at him, confusion evident on my face, to which he went to say something before a higher pitched tone rang out, in a melody. We looked over and Triss was turning the lever on a musical device, though it sounded a bit out of tune. It was wooden carved, with a king and woman on it, dancing around as the lever turned. Geralt glanced at me before looking more around the room. I turned back, watching what Triss was doing. She pushed and pulled at the keys until a drawer opened, which she pulled out. She pulled out a bundle of letters wrapped in a bundle via ribbon.

"Geralt, (Y/N)." She called, to which I stepped slightly closer to her. "Letters. From Queen Sancia, Foltest and Addas's mother." Geralt moved to Triss, and she handed him the letters, skimming them before he huffed out. I leaned over a bit, trying to read some of it. It indicated that Foltest and Adda had an intimate relationship...which means the King lied, and was angry because he knew of Geralt's suspicion. Geralt started walking out of the room, to which I followed, as did Triss.

-----

A few hours later, we made our way from that side of the keep, to the advisor. As we walked to him, he immediately became agitated. He went to say something before Geralt stopped him.