xv. might as well enjoy it while it lasts

SOMETHING IN THE WAY
- NIRVANA

SOMETHING IN THE WAY - NIRVANA

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"here, eli."

elliot resided at the kitchen table of his home, veronica directly across from his position while kevin remained peacefully sleeping off the alcohol he'd consumed prior that day.

there wasn't a piece of elliot that wished to be the one to speak the truth of his brother's past, for veronica fisher had remained to be the only constant in their lives. losing the woman  would've broke his heart in more ways than one, but there was absolutely nothing he could do to solve the issue his brother had began.

there was pure happiness etched in veronica's features as she downed shot after shot in celebration before finally sending elliot a quirked eyebrow. "what's wrong?"

"nothing," elliot dismissed the woman's words with a chuckle, finding genuine humor in the way she continuously saw straight through any facade he attempted to display. "just happy for you both, truly."

"you know, wherever we go, you're always welcome to follow." veronica slid a shot across the kitchen table, allowing elliot to catch the glass with ease before finishing her words. "we're your family."

elliot let the words ponder for a few fleeting moments, a grin tugging at his lips in face of the woman despite the lingering sense of paranoia it was all doomed to fall to pieces. "i know, v."

and in response, veronica's smile only escalated considerably before turning her frame to the staircase. "kev, babe, wake up!"

"time to get drunk again, brother!"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"you really are beautiful."

fiona's head turned against the pillow enough to catch sight of the man laying by her side. his gaze traced over her features in admiration, yet the woman's mind remained elsewhere. "i hope i'm not fucking up the kids."

a silence filled the bedroom as fiona's expression contorted. the only sounds in earshot were the lingering conversations between the siblings down the hall, cassie's laugh most noticeably being followed by carl's every so often.

the fleeting moment of some form of peace in the gallagher home was inevitably interrupted by the dramatic entrance of veronica fisher and elliot ball echoing through the halls.