v. best friends for life

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"WHERE'S CASS?"

the gallagher's in the room, along with veronica, steve, and karen, all glanced around the room in search for the blonde sibling.

of course, it'd been carl to ask aloud the question at hand. since the boy was born, cassie was easily the sibling he held dearest. when things were hectic and he was overlooked, she was always there. whether it was to tuck him in bed at night or forcing him to do his schoolwork.

after the incidents where cassie reminded the family too much of their mother for their own comfort, carl worried for his big sister. he didn't want her to become their mother, for the fear that she'd abandon him too never faltered.

no one in the room got the chance to utter a word before the front door of the gallagher home was threw open dramatically. the one in question made her presence known with a sigh.

lip and ian were first to receive a greeting from cassie before she moved onto fiona and veronica. karen and steve watched her with curious eyes. it wasn't often that the love between the siblings was truly seen first hand, but it seemed that cassie was the one to bring it out of all of them.

fiona felt cassie press a gentle kiss to the side of her face from behind the couch, mirroring the action with veronica. the strong whiff of alcohol wasn't missed by the eldest gallagher or veronica.

veronica glanced to the girl knowingly, for whenever cassie was fucked up in any way, it was guaranteed elliot was in the same shape.

fiona's smile fell nearly automatically as she studied cassie's movements. carl and debbie's smiles, however, only grew at the presence of their sister.

"hey, debs." cassie whispered as she leaned down, messing with the child's red hair teasingly before leaning against the back of the couch behind carl. "bubs."

carl peered up with a grin, his perspective making cassie seem upside down. she pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head once he looked towards the television once again.

cassie spared her family one last glance before she made her way into the kitchen alone and out of sight to the others. her back pressed against the kitchen counter, her face covered by her hands a second later.

early that morning before the sun began to rise, elliot had taken her off to the shed with a stolen bottle of alcohol and despite knowing neither of them should've done so, they finished off the bottle together.