xi. but i look pretty badass

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"oh, mickey!"

"what the hell are you doing here?"

"well," cassie grinned sarcastically, leaning upon the pillar on the milkovich's front porch. "have to say i could've lived the rest of my time on this earth without seeing you again."

"good to see you too, cassie." terry mirrored the grin upon the teenager's lips, going to shut the front door until it was halted suddenly. "move or i'll make you move, kid."

"so grumpy." cassie pressed her hand against the wooden door, glancing for only a moment to see the gun in terry's hand. "you sure as hell haven't changed a bit, old man."

when terry failed to conjure a response besides the glare upon his features, a deep sigh was heard from the blonde. "listen, you really have no reason to hate me as much as you do. all i want to know is if mickey's here. please."

terry seemed to be contemplating his next words as he took notice to the desperation in cassie's voice. "he's not here. said he was going to find your brother."

cassie simply nodded, the gears in her mind turning as she processed the man's response. "thank you."

"now get off my porch, kid, and don't come back."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"i've been looking everywhere for you."

"get out of here, gallagher."

cassie smirked towards the man, seemingly innocent as she walked closer to the three. mickey stood between his cousins, glancing in their direction as the girl stepped forwards. "you're not even going to ask why?"

"i can assume it has something to do with the broken nose i gave your brother." mickey grinned, seemingly proud of his actions.

"yeah, well," cassie let out a humorless chuckle, her breath being visible due to the low temperature. "i came to return the favor."

mickey felt cassie's fist connect with his own nose, the man freezing in his position of staring towards the ground. it wasn't another moment before the milkovich cousins had their hands on the blonde.

the only response to be heard from cassie was the unbothered laugh to tumble from her lips. "go ahead. hit me."

out of the two, one held cassie still while the other prepared to fulfill her wish. a moment passed, mickey unable to simultaneously wipe his nose clean and watch what was to unfold. the man's fist came in contact with cassie's pale skin, the impact breaking the skin and drawing blood above her eye.