xviii. it's not about you

CHERRY WAVES
- DEFTONES

CHERRY WAVES - DEFTONES

━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"smoothie."

"thanks." carl stated plainly as debbie set the beverage by the barbie he had connected wires to. "make cass one."

"she won't drink it." the redhead dismissed with a wandering gaze to the living room where the sister in question remained sleeping, seemingly peaceful. it caused debbie to miss the thumbs up carl sent after tasting the smoothie. "didn't fiona tell you to stop electrocuting dolls?"

"they have to pay for their sins."

the hungover blonde woke with a groan as her body nearly collapsed over the side of the couch. the chaos that played out through the night prior were nonexistent in cassie's mind, at least for a mere passing second.

"elliot."

there was a heavy inhale from the girl as her feet found the floor. when the exhale came, the power was shutting off completely following a sound that resembled a gun shot too much for the already anxious gallagher.

"damn it, carl!" fiona's voice bellowed from upstairs, and cassie quickly shuffled to her feet in means of escaping any form of interaction with the eldest.

"it wasn't me! hector's at the pole again!"

"please, stop screaming." cassie's loud tone came harsher than intended, and caused her youngest siblings to look with mixed expressions on their faces.

but she missed it all together by running up the stairs as fiona's feet were heard rushing through their home similarly. the back door slammed shut behind the woman, followed by the youngest gallaghers in means to plea with the power company. it left lip and cassie utterly alone in the home, a silence that the latter had wished for.

"jesus christ," the blonde visibly flinched through the reflection of the mirror where her brother stood staring in a concerned state. cassie turned on her heel to meet lip's gaze. "what?"

"you got plans today?"

cassie stepped out of the bathroom, nearly colliding shoulders on the way. "why?"

"we could walk to school together."

"i'm not going."

there was a tilt of lip's head as he witnessed her complete lack of interest in anything he had to say. it was already a struggle getting the teenager to school with elliot by her side, and now?

"why don't you go find one of those dumb ass kids you do homework for?" the girl countered sarcastically without so much of a glance in his direction at all. "leave me alone, lip."

the elder gallagher felt his fist clench in frustration, yet he followed her wish nonetheless.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・