xx. you shine too bright for the southside

GILDED LILY
- CULTS

GILDED LILY - CULTS

━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"cass, look at yourself."

with blurred vision, she was searching for the source of the muffled memory. malachi milkovich was sporting a suit, put together like a pretty picture. everything was perfect, he was perfect.

he always had been.

"cass, look at yourself."

she was searching again, having to turn completely to face the distraught features of elliot ball. he looked the same as the last time she'd saw him, which forced her head back around to the milkovich who stared with such a heavy gaze— it almost felt real.

but she knew it wasn't.

malachi was dead, and elliot was behind bars.

"what the fuck is happening?"

as soon as cassie glanced towards elliot, malachi's casket was shutting with a suffocating echo that climbed her skin. everything was cold.

"cass, i'm right here."

her hand reached for elliot's in a desperate attempt, but that too was being ripped away with the sound of metal clashing together. she watched his frame disappear behind the bars keeping him captive. it led her to recognizing how deafening the silence had become.

cassie was scared to look anywhere, scared to see which ghost would show their face.

at least, until the silence was broken by a childish voice.

"you're gonna leave us too one day." carl's words came as a statement rather than a question, and cassie couldn't stop the tears when she met his innocent, yet heartbroken features. "you'll go with malachi."

"carl—"

"or elliot, you know, clinging to someone who's destined to be another fucking frank." it was lip to cut her short in any form of a plea. "you'll ruin everything, and then run."

fiona came next. "just like monica."

"i'm not monica."

"cassidy, look at yourself."

"no!" cassie finally screamed, her hands tugging at the roots of her hair. "i'm not monica, i'm not—"