xvii. what have you done?

NEW PERSON, SAME OLD MISTAKES
- TAME IMPALA

"i can just hear them now, how could you let us down?"

how could you let us down?"

"feeling it overtake, all that i used to hate,
one by one, every trait,
i tried but it's way too late."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"may daily problems never cause you undue anxiety, nor the desire for earthly possessions dominate your lives."

the wedding between veronica fisher and kevin ball took place in the alibi room, filled to the brim with the ones they loved most. elliot remained beside lip as the best men, fiona and cassie directly across the boys as the maids of honor. debbie had managed slip past to grasp cassie's hand with a beaming smile towards the couple that'd been in her life since birth.

"but may your hearts first desire be always the good things waiting for you in the life of heaven." the priest's words caused elliot to roll his eyes dramatically, the sight being caught by the girl just feet away. "amen."

"amen!"

all but cassie and elliot joined in following the man's words, and instead, the teenagers opted to staring intently towards one another. through the duration of the ceremony, elliot had caught glances of the blonde whose hair was unruly as always. it was something he had loved since childhood, for it gave the excuse of grabbing the sides of her face in means of bringing her features to light.

due to their last conversation, the boy assumed cassie wished to have nothing to do with him that night, but once witnessing the grin that overtook her lips, the thoughts dispersed all together.

"you may kiss the bride!"

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"cass, smile!"

the girl in question didn't get the chance to turn towards the source of the voice before elliot was pulling her in for a kiss by the sides of her face. carl snapped the picture just a second before cassie was capable of pulling away. elliot's hands remained in place, pushing the waves of blonde behind her ears.

an unknown amount of alcohol had been consumed by every person of age attending the wedding. the music meant nothing to the drunken fools who continuously yelled over one another for their slurred words to be heard. every so often, elliot would lean to whisper sweet nothings in cassie's ear, each one leaving her with a smile in his direction.

"hey, get it out!" lip held onto karen's frame with one arm, shoving the camera residing in carl's hands with the other.

carl switched the attention of the lens onto his sisters, all three dancing without a worry with the steady gaze of elliot ball trailing upon the girls. there was a grin tugging at elliot's lips as carl's back nearly collided with his stomach. the elder southside boy kept the kid on his feet as the camera found itself pointed directly at his face.