do u have plans

ANDREA POV

"I am so proud of you, do you know how big this is?" Ash pulls me into a hug.

"Yeah, it feels good to be on top, but now I have to maintain my position."

"I know you can do it."

"I hope so." We walk into the cafeteria and his arm is still around me.

"So, do you have any plans for the spring week that we get off?"

"Plans?"

"Yeah. Are you going to go back to your family?"

"No," I say a little too quickly, "I'm staying here."

"You know you can't stay on campus right?" Shit.

"Yeah, yeah." I start to fidget with my fingers.

"I was wondering if you'd like to spend that week with me." Goosebumps start to form all around my body when he says that.

I think he notices my hesitation and adds, "Don't worry it won't be just us. You can always bring Isabella, and my crew will all be there. We're going to the countryside, to Sierra's cabin."

"Sierra's?"

"Yeah her father is a big shot and owns a lot of land out there, and we always hang out there. Don't worry, the cabin is not your typical cabin. It's humongous."

"I bet it is."

"So what do you say?" I had no where else to go anyways, so I had no other choice.

"You think I can say no to you?" He gave me a cute lop-sided grin.

"Thank you. I promise it will be so fun!" Giving me a kiss on the cheek, he runs over to his clique.

"What did you say to him now?" Turning I see Isabella standing behind me.

"The cabin thing.."

"Oh yeah, Sierra talked to me about it."

"Do you want to go?"

"I think it'll be fun, but I'm not sure about you."

"What do you mean?"

"Devyn will be there too. And we all know that you two don't get along."

"She doesn't get along with me. I have nothing to do with her."

"Just please behave okay? I don't want you getting yourself kicked out because you messed with an Ackerman."

"Yes mom." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Plus you beat her at her own game when you came on top, so I feel like she's a little irritated by you. So just steer clear from her path."

"I actually like seeing defeat on her face. It's satisfying." We laugh as we munch on our food.

Looking for Devyn, I pan around the cafeteria but she's no where in sight. I wanted her to see me, to see how I beat her, and will continue to do so.

"Hey do you know that the Rahl's took responsibility of the Cicada-22 attack?" Isabella adds as she looks for a spoon.

"Really? I figured."

"I've got a serious bone to pick with the Rahl's, they can't ever be happy."

"Let's not talk about this. I have no interest in them."

"Maybe you should, because one day they might tear this country apart once again."

"I doubt that, Orien is pretty fortified, don't you think?"

"With leaders like Elijah Ackerman? Ehh. And think about if we ever had to live under Devyn's rule? God."

"Why? You don't like the royal family?"

"I don't know. I appreciate all the king has done, but there is some fishy thing about them." That I can agree on because Mr.Ackerman acts like a dictator sometimes. He's brain washed the Orien population to believe that he was some kind of savior, but I know who he truly was. But I have to keep it to myself.

"So how's things with you and Ash?" She gives me a small nudge.

"Good. I'm still not ready for a relationship yet."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. It just doesn't feel right at the moment."

"The relationship doesn't feel right? Or does he not feel right?"

"I wish I knew."

"Hmmm. Well, when you guys get some time away from school, during our cabin getaway, you might be able to figure things out." She gives me a wink.

I don't know if I was looking forward to this cabin trip with Ash, Sierra, Isabella, Gabe, and Brianna. And especially not with Devyn.