a bond forms

*Dice*

Wheezy dragged me off to a closet, going through different uniforms until we found a nice one that fit. Wasn't exactly my color... but it worked.

"oh! I also got these." Wheezy left for a moment so I looked around curiously in my new uniform when I bumped into someone. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry." The woman in front of me looked down to me confused. "I-I'm Mr.Dice! I didn't mean to bump into you-" She began laughing sweetly. The woman was quite a bit taller than me. Hell, everyone in this casino was. 

"That's fine. Just watch where you're going." The woman looked like  a roulette table and simply walked away with a man behind her who was shorter and looked like a pachinko machine. He seemed shy. Wheezy came back later with a box and handed it to me.

"Oh? What's this?" I opened it and... it was a pair of shoes and an entirely new makeup set. I sighed and smiled as I looked to the blushing man in front of me. "Wheezy... thank you so much."  I gave him a big hug. He hugged me too, and I felt really cared for. I wanted to work here so bad. I left to Wheezy's room as he lead me, allowing me to change in private. Wearing shoes for once felt so odd. I wore my skates everywhere. The uniform was a white dress shirt, red vest, and black dress pants with dress shoes. It wasn't exactly my color, I prefer purple, but I went out tofind Wheezy.

*Wheezy*

When Dice came out, I'd be lying if I said the man wasn't stunning. He had done some makeup in red to match the outfit. "You look great Dice." I smiled sweetly.

"Thank you. Honestly I dread the color read." I laughed a bit. Dice seemed rather embarressed, but I lead him to the casino floor. As I was baout to explain how a game worked, Dice got right to it like he knew exactly what he was doing. I laughed a bit. He was a natural when it came to these tables, and only what, 21? Dice spent the night working hard at those tables. Though closeby a fight started, and before bouncers came, a wall of cards seperated the men. I wondered whos magic that was when I,saw Dice starring deadly at the cards. The men were startled and fell back. Using his magic, he swiflty moved his hand and the cards threw the men out. The cards floated back to a card deck in a pocket on Dice's vest. He got back o dealing and manning the table swiftly. I'd never seen a man do anything like that. I left Dice alone and went to the boss. He was in the middle of counting bills then looked up to me with a sigh.

"What is it Wheezy?" I cleared my throat and sat down

"Boss, Mr.Dice, he um... his magic sir. It's pretty amazing." The Boss put down what he was doing and looked up to me. He put out his cigar, and got up, leaning down to look at me.

"What did he do?" The Boss was rather skeptical of the whole thing.

"His playing cards... a fight broke out and he made a wall to block them. It was just...powerful." The Boss seemed suprised. He walked away tiredly back to his desk.

"Well, he'd make one good right-hand man." He looked to the desk next to him with a small smile. He seemed interested in Dice. "Do you know his first name?" He asked it as he poueed a drink.

"Oh! King. King Dice." The Boss nodded quietly as he smoked. He seemed deep in thought.

*Dice*

As I worked the tables, I had to keep stopping fights over, and over. Seemed they were happening more frequently until I saw The Devil come out to look around. Wheezy told me he comes out just to look around and gamble once in a while. I finished the table I was at and went off to waiting tables, getting them their food, and stuff like that. I had so much fun, until I noticed some men starring at me. It was always unsettling. Not to boast, but I am a bit attractive, not sure what people see, but it seems people just like staring at my body, and it's just uncomfortable you know? I tried to ignore it, serving my last table. I walked away to head back to Wheezy to ask how I was doing, when a man at that table grabbed me. My heartbeat quickened... I was scared. 

"Um... excuse me sir, please let go." The man laughed and tried to pull me down to his level, but I tried to pull away again. "Sir, I am asking you to please let go!" I rose my voice just enugh for others to hear me, Wheezy took notice, but the man got up and tugged me away. "Sir let go!" I panicked. I tried to get to my cards, but the man had taken them! I struggled as he dragged me, until both the man and I heard a low growl.

"Now sir. It seems you're holding one of my employees." I heard the Devil's voice from behind me. His arm went over my chest and pulled me close to protect me. The other man was pale white. "Now sir, in my casino, assault is absoloutely against the rule, and payment is well normally death, but I'll let King here decide." I looked to the man... and he just disgusted me as he cried and got on his knees begging me. I immediately looked away, turning my teary eyed face into the Boss's chest.

"Just... have him thrown out please... and get my cards back please..." The Devil nodded as I tried to hold back my tears.

*Devil*

Whether it was Dice or anyone in my Casino, assault isn't something I fuck around with. Mortals are disgusting creatures who exploit one another's weaknesses for their own benefits. This piece of shit for a man was a perfect example. I grabbed Dice's cards from his shaking hand, and since Dice was turned I simply killed the man by making a portal to drop him into the ocean. It closed and I kneeled a bit down to Dice's height, handing him the cards. "Here. Are you feeling alright?"

Dice quietly held the cards and nodded. His body betrayed the tough front he was putting, the slight shaking, the teary eyes, it was all to easy to see. Everyone around us was starring, so I simply took us to my office. Dice sat across from me quietly as I sat at my desk. 

"King, it's alright if you need to go home-" I was interrupted by his quiet cries into his hands. I'd never met anyone fool enough to cry in front of me... yet I noticed he cried quietly, it took me a moment to hear it. He was afraid to show his face... the Casino floor can be a hell of a fight for new coming workers, but I'm sure Dice would do fine as a manager, he has the skill. I looked to the cards on my desk that he left, and opened them. They were some vintage papery cards, to brittle to do damage. I snapped my fingers and they turned into metallic cards with the same designs. "King, look up to me." He looked up to me through running mascara and smudged red eyeshadow. I placed the cards in his hands, he looked to them, taking them out the box. "That should protect you for now. I hope that makes you feel safer here. No matter what is going on, you can come to me. I may be the big, scary Devil, but I'm still the Boss of this place." I smiled softly, hoping he'd relax. Oddly enough he hugged me, crying a bit.

"Thank you. Thank you." I smiled and hugged him too. He was quite emotional, but what one of my employees isn't? Dice stayed in my office a bit longer, then ran off to clean himself up. There was something enchanting about this man. Hopefully we'd be good friends, and he wouldn't be into the friendship for the money like my last manager.