connected

*King*

The tailor soon left my room, and went to make my suit for me. I smiled and laid in bed, my ribs still healing. Soon my eyes felt a bit off, I went to my mirror and saw the brightest green eyes I had ever seen. I smiled sweetly. They looked lovely... I felt a million times better about myself the more I saw the changes in my life. Though, I was a bit tired from the pain in my ribs. I groaned a bit and laid down in the large bed. Some imps came by, closing the curtains to my bed. I thanked them silently. They were sweet and replaced my bandages since I did feel to weak to move. I laid down comfortably in a warm bed for once. I fell asleep.

*Devil* 

I noticed the imps leaving King's room so I took a moment to check on him. He was resting. I nodded. He needed some sleep before even setting foot out there as a manager. I closed his door and walked to the casino floor. Everyone always got unsettled when I walked in. I rolled my eyes and sat at the bar. I still was trying to figure out who had thrown King those flowers. I wasn't jealous, I was more concerned than anything. I didn't want King to end up like our last singer who was stalked and ran out the same day King took over the stage. I sighed. It was a troublesome thought. I had dealt with many singers being uncomfortable with the attention the casino can bring. I sighed at the thought and simply ordered a drink. Though I did notice one of our most well paying patrons walk in. He was always dressed in a black suit with a matching tie and dress shirt. I was the Devil, and even this guy spooked me a bit. Not a lot of course, because he's a mortal. He was well known around Inkwell for being the announcer at Ribby and Croak's fights. He was a man with a type of microphone for a head, but always sat in the same place by the stage. He always left my workers the heftiest of tips. Oddly enough it was past Friday... why in the hell was he at t he stage? I walked over.

"Afternoon sir." I spoke calmly as I sat across from him. He looked up to me and waved. "Seems you've mixed up the schedule. Today's Saturday, singing doesn't happen today." He nodded, fixing his glasses over his brown eyes.

"I understand, but I would like to speak with Mr.Dice." I was surprised, must have been the person who threw those flowers. I sighed. 

"Dice is currently resting. He suffered an injury and needs as much sleep as he can get." The man nodded as he drank his drink. I rolled my eyes. Pompous freak. 

"All the more reason for me to see him, sir." I laughed a little as he spoke.

"Absolutely not." I got up to walk away. I went to check on King's room to see him sitting in bed. He looked unsettled so I knocked, him allowing me in. "You should be sleeping, King." He shook his head a bit.

"I'm restless... it feels all so new. I mean... I don't remember what happened to me now, and it feels oddly amazing..." He smiles a bit. "...but I want to be out on the floor already." I nodded, sitting in a chair in his room. I say quietly to just listen to my manager. "I don't even remember how I got my bruises, and I'm thrilled." He sighed. "...but I don't want to lay here for 3 weeks waiting to work. I'll go nuts." He laughed, I joined in too. His laugh as infectious. I smiled sweetly to him.

"Well with your new powers, you should be up and kicking in a week." He smiled to me. 

"Thank you De- sir! Sir." I laughed a bit. He was definitely jumpy, but I'm sure he'd be more comfortable around me soon. 

"It's fine. In private you can call me by my name." I made a cigar appear, lighting it and smoking. I gave one to King, I noticed he had a decent lighter. "Where'd you get that?" He looked away from me.

"Pick pocketed it from a guy when I was 16. Refill it when I need it." He smoked the cigar easily. I laughed a bit, making him flush purple. 

"Well no wonder you fit so well into the casino scene." I laughed some more. "My guess is you scammed people out of money for years to survive?" He shyly nodded, but smiled a bit.

"Only big wigs, they always thought they were helping me by entertaining me, but I conned them out of more money than they thought." I laughed with him. "What did they need it for? I could see through all of them, drunks who beat their wives and kids. I didn't need demon eyes to see the way their families hated their guts. Wives wouldn't sit next to husbands, kids never spoke. Why did they deserve their wealth?" He laughed, his forest green eyes blaring a bright toxic green. I smiled, finally someone who understood why I do what I do.

"King, you're going to fit in well here." I smiled to him.

*Wheezy*
I went by Kings room... and it was rather odd. I saw the two just smoking, and starring at one another in the dark room with their eyes bright red and green. Seemed like an odd connection. I went off to the main floor, and looked to Pirouletta.

"Y'know... they're just sitting in a dark room and smoking together." She looked to me surprised. The Russian sat and thought for a long while.

"I haven't seen him do that since..." She looked to me shocked. "Lilith..." I nodded. It was odd. We hadn't seen the Boss feel so comfortable around anyone, but her before they broke up. King and him came out, they sat at some table and just started talking like they'd known each other for a life time.