time to go...

(Trigger Warning: Physical Abuse)

*The Boss*

I sat in my office quietly, as I watched Dice run down the hall to go back to the casino floor. He was met with smiles from Wheezy and Pirouletta. Pachinko even waved to Dice. I smiled, happy everyone was starting to get along with him. This may be his first night, but maybe he'd come back? There was a part of me hoping he would... probably the part that knows his skills are ideal for this place. I got up quietly and went to the main floor, sitting down at the bar, and just quietly drinking. It was nice to just be in the casino atmosphere. People talking and laughing, the smell of good food, and nothing like the sound of dice rolling. King was having a great time just waiting on tables, but I did notice some of my staff just amazed by how efficient the man was. He was used to the casino scene... and that made me wonder about his past. I noticed Dice look to the time and walk over to Wheezy, explaining something and running off to Wheezy's room. I looked to Wheezy, and he came over.

"Sorry Boss, seems Dice has to get going home." He explained to me. King skated out and waved to me with a polite smile. He skated to the door and before I could offer a ride. I sighed. "Y'know... he told me a lot about his home life Boss, and I don't think that man is in a safe home." I looked to Wheezy and nodded for him to continue some more. "Sir... he doesn't have enough money to even move to Inkwell City if he wanted to. He told me any money he saves is immediately stolen by his Father." I nod quietly. Clearly the father was exploiting Dice's kindness. I can tell Dice is clearly in a rough situation, but also he doesn't know how to get out of it. He doesn't want to bother the "family" he has, but feels so out of place... he'd come all the way to the Casino to feel like an individual. I drank my drink silently as that thought bugged me. He felt safer in a casino, than his own home... now that's terrifying.

*Dice*

I skated right home, it took some hours but once I got home I ran into the kitchen and got to baking somethings I needed in stock. This took hours and hours... I didn't get to sleep, but I kept smiling sweetly. I couldn't help but think of how Devil was sweet. He held me so close to protect me, and that was kind of him, regardless if he was The Devil. To me... I think there is much more to him that's under the surface. The way he held me... I've never felt like that before... safe. I saw Father Boris enter the shed... and I felt my smile fade.

"What do you want?..." He stood in the doorway smugly. I finished putting something in the oven behind me when I felt something shatter against my head. I fell to the ground in pain, my ears ringing from the impact. I felt the back of my head and saw blood on my gloved hand. I looked up to see Boris walking towards me. Always like this... almost every morning. "Get away, please..." I couldn't hurt the man... or the boys would hate my guts... but I can't remember everything that happened as he approached me. I remember the physical pain... the bruises that would later cover my ribs. My emotions seemed to numb, making my screams for help seem clouded, and almost forgettable. I wanted to go back to the casino... I wanted to feel safe again. Tears silently fell down my cheeks as I was hit in the gut over and over. It hurt like living hell. Father Boris looked down at me menacingly and kicked my head, making me yelp. 

"Next time, lets not leave  the damn house." He walked away angrily. I tried to lift my head but he kicked my gut again. "You're supposed to provide for this family. You act so coldly to this family! After everything we've done for you! I took you out of the adoption system!" He kicked me again and again. "I made you!" I tried to hold back tears, but the tears over flowed.

"I... I know, please. I'm sorry." Boris looked down to me and walked away, leaving to the house. I groaned and got up. I cleaned myself up, and finished stocking up everything. Thankfully today was a day off, so I locked my door and sat in my bed. I groaned in pain. It all hurt... I looked in my sketch book, remembering I had to mention to Wheezy that there was a stain in the carpet. It was horrid to look at. My wall phone rang so I picked it up.

"Hello... King Dice here." I tried to keep myself together. 

"King? You sound horrid." I recognized Wheezy's voice and tried to silence the pain in my voice. "Anyway, the Boss wanted me to check on you. He was worried you weren't feeling to well." I smiled. They were all really sweet, for demons.

"I'm um... not doing to hot Wheezy. Between us, I just got the beating of a lifetime... my ribs might be bruised by tonight when I come in..." I heard an audible gasp. I smiled a bit, it was nice to tell someone... but I needed help and was to scared to ask. "Though, I'll be fine. I promise." I tried to hold back the tears.

"Dice... you should come to the Casino today. You need medical attention." I looked out the window to see Cuphead and Mugman playing with Boris in the yard. I did need to run to Joe and Teas... 

"Alright... alright, I'll come in." I heard a relieved sigh. I got on my skates and took the orders, and grabbed all my important things with a week worth of clothes. I went outside to be met with an unkind gaze from Boris. Cups and Mugs ran over to say hello. "Sorry boys... I'm leaving for a long while. I'll send a check..." I skated away, hearing Mugman call for me. Between the two boys... he was the one nicer to me. I waved goodbye to him and kept skating. I never wanted to go back.