[07]

The next morning, both George and Camille were surprised to come downstairs to find a delicious aroma wafting throughout the house and sounds of crockery and light laughter drifted from the kitchen as well.

"Looks like the kids woke up before us," George spoke up.

True enough both Luke and Dora were in the kitchen, making breakfast together.

Surprised would be an understatement for the two as they watched the children get along fairly well together; Dora was making scrambled eggs while instructing Luke to look after the bread in the toaster.

"No, twist it back or else the toast will be burnt to a crisp," she remarked, carefully taking out the scrambled eggs in the dish, "oh no step aside, that's not how you do it. Watch."

"I was not expecting this," George mumbled, turning to look at Camille.

"Neither was I," she replied then stepping into the kitchen she spoke up, "are you both making breakfast for us?"

"Yes, surprise," Luke replied and George was stunned to see the smile on his face, it was probably the first time he had seen the boy smile.

"Good morning," Dora turned around as well, placing the dishes on the breakfast table.

Both husband and wife sat down at the table as the children put the rest of the food on the table as well.

"I'd understand if you found it inedible," Luke remarked, "I'm a terrible cook."

"You're forgetting I helped too," Dora added, "I'm sure everything would be delicious."

"Let them eat first, they are the judges not us."

Her brown eyes twinkled in amusement, "making it a Masterchef reenactment already?"

He paused as if confused, "what's a Masterchef?"

"I'll explain later," she took her seat across from her mother. And Luke took a seat as well across from George.

"This is really delicious," Camille appreciated warmly.

"And what do you think, Dad?" Luke looked at him.

"Masterchef level for me," he remarked making Dora laugh.

"You're telling me what this Masterchef is soon after breakfast, okay?" Luke turned to face Dora instead, "I feel like you guys are having a laugh at my expense."

"No we're not," she assured him, "but I'll tell you. In fact, I'll show you along with all the TV shows you've been missing out on. Seriously you must be living under a rock if you have no idea what Masterchef is."

He shrugged, "I have enough common sense to know it's related to cooking but other than that, no idea."

"Under a rock, I tell you. But don't worry, I'm going to show you every single one of these shows. You can thank me later."

George and Camille were glad to see them both getting along well with each other, in fact George took his wife aside to thank her as well.

"Camille, you have no idea how grateful I am to your daughter right now," he had told her, "it's the first time I've seen Luke happy and it's all due to Isadora. Thank you so much."

"Don't thank me," Camille smiled, "I'm glad they have become friends. Luke is a very nice boy himself and he deserves to be happy."

After breakfast, as promised, Dora showed him an episode from Masterchef on YouTube along with all the other shows she used to watch. The two spent the rest of the day binge watching shows together.

From TV shows they had switched on to old cartoon series as well and Luke was quite surprised to see the cartoon Dora the Explorer.

"And you're telling me no one called you Dora the Explorer ever?" Luke passed the bowl of popcorn towards her as the episode finished and she clicked on the next one.

"Some of my school friends did," she replied thinking a little, "but generally people just call me Isadora. That's it."

"You're Dora the Explorer for me from now on," he remarked.

"I see you have some habit of not calling people by their actual names, right?"

He shook his head, a smile threatening to break out on his face again, "well, in my defense both Camille and Isadora are fairly long names."

"But Dora the Explorer is way shorter, no?"

He laughed though it was just for a brief moment, "fair enough."

"If you're going to call me Dora the Explorer, you'll have to be Boots."

He shrugged, "that monkey? No thanks."

"Oh I forgot, there's no giraffe in this cartoon or else that would have fit way better," as always Dora had the remark right on the tip of her tongue, making Luke smile again.

"Anything except Boots please. In fact just stick to calling me Luke, that's way better."

"We'll see about that, Boots," she remarked with a light laugh.

"Hey, anything but Boots!"

***

Rose had put on her suit after a really long time and when she held her swords, she felt the same thrill rush through her blood. Her swords were a part of her and not wielding those katanas for so long had been very difficult for her.

So she was quite relieved when she was given the chance to do so once again.

She joined the team on her first mission alongside them and Robin was the first to look at her, offering her a wide smile.

Nightwing joined the rest of them as well, "alright Titans, remember, all of us are one team and as a team it is our duty to make sure none of us comes to any harm during the mission. Six go in and six come out. Clear?"

The five of them nodded in reply.

"And Rose, don't feel as if you're doing this for the first time. We know you're a skilled fighter, definitely better than the people we're up against. We'll look after you and you'll do the same for us."

"Sure," she nodded, "I'm grateful you all let me join. I didn't want to be a burden here."

"You aren't a burden at all sweetie," Kori, or rather Starfire, added with a genuine smile, "we really look forward to having you as part of the Titans."

"Some of us are a little too enthusiastic about it though, right Robin?" Beast Boy nudged Robin in the shoulder and as a result got smacked in the head with his bo staff.

"Nightwing, can't we leave these two jackasses here?" Rachel spoke up, "I'm sure Rose would suffice for their absence."

"Hey!"

Robin remarked, "six go and in six come out. Don't forget that, Rae."

Rose had a slight smile on her face as she stood with them all. After years, she finally felt accepted and it was a good feeling no doubt.

"Alright, enough of the nonsense. Titans go!" Nightwing could never grow out of the habit of using his famous catchphrase for the team.

At last they all left Titans Tower together. Six go in and six come out, the words resonated in Rose's head as she followed the rest of the team.

Nightwing was right; she was a skilled fighter and she was going to do what she knew best. There was nothing to be afraid of for she had five people to look after her and in return she would do the same for them.

They were a team after all. They were the Titans.

***