[18]

Neither Luke nor Camille had been able to contact Dora since the past few months because her phone number had been inaccessible. Little did they know that her cell phone had gotten damaged back when Scarecrow had abducted her and Selina.

After that incident, she had had to replace her phone and all her contacts got lost which meant she couldn't reach out to both either.

So when George was planning to go to Gotham for a business trip, Camille asked to come along as well to which he agreed.

Almost three weeks had passed since Luke had returned home for semester break and by then the fear he had had of Deathstroke taking him away from George and Camille had lessened considerably.

Though going to Gotham was still a risk but at the moment, he was concerned for Dora so he didn't refuse Camille when she had asked him to accompany them to Gotham as well. In fact, when they reached the city, George had to go on a conference immediately but Luke offered to stay with Camille and show her around the city.

He barely remembered the city as he had spent only five years there and that too in strict captivity. The cityscape was much different from his memories and he found the gargoyles and other landmarks rather fascinating.

But while he was eager to capture photographs of each and every memorable spot, he knew they had to find Dora first.

"How do you think we're going to find her?" He asked, turning his head to face Camille as they waited in traffic. Luke was driving the car and though Camille had asked him to go to a certain places, he was still not sure they would find Dora as such.

"I don't know. We can only hope... Start from Robinson Square, we used to live there before we shifted to Bludhaven and Dora remembers that place very well."

"I am sure she would remember but there's no possibility she would be living in the same place. The last I talked to her, she told me Alexander had bought a building somewhere in the suburbs because rent everywhere else was fairly high."

The signal turned green and he drove forward, taking the turn to Robinson Square.

"Did she tell you anything else?"

He thought for a while before answering, "not much. I didn't get enough time to talk to her often so back then I used to call her on weekends for like a few minutes... And now she's not been picking up my calls for over a month."

She sighed wearily, "I knew she would eventually cut off all contact with us just like Alex did. That's why I didn't want her to leave."

"Cami, she's going to be fine," Luke assured her gently, "I am sure she must have a valid reason for not being able to receive our calls. And we can only find that out after we find her."

"I am afraid we'll never be able to find her."

"Hey, don't say that. You're the most optimistic person I know, don't change that about yourself," he looked at her briefly, hazel eyes softening as he saw that she was quite visibly worried, "I know we'll find her. How and when that's a little unclear right now but we definitely will find her."

She nodded, "I hope so."

After checking Robinson Square and the few other places she had mentioned, it was evening when Luke drove to the suburbs. He stopped the car in front of a coffee shop, "look, go in and get something to eat. I'll call a friend of mine who knows this area and maybe with his help we'll find Dora. I had told you Milo lives in Gotham, right?"

"Yes, I remember."

"I will just call him and we'll check. But you've not eaten anything since morning and if you don't do so, it won't be good for you. And Dad's going to be furious if he found out I didn't even stop for lunch break."