1

You always been an adventurer, lord Elrond said that you took this from your mother, lady Erya, but you were also very stubborn. This trait came from your father's side of the family, as well as your height. You're half elf and half dwarf, your parents met after the battle of Moria. Your father was injured and you mother found him almost dead in the middle of the battlefield. She cured him and they fell in love, having you. You lived in a men's village until you were 40, then your parents decided to move in Rivendell. But just as you were reaching the city you were attacked by a pack of orcs and your parents both died.

After your 70th birthday you left your home in Rivendell to go exploring the world outside the elf's city, even if your protector lord Elrond didn't think it was a good idea. Eventually, because of your stubbornness and sense of adventure, you ended up being captured by goblins after only 1 day.

This was your fifth day in goblin town, chained by the throne of the goblin's king. He wanted to keep you alive only to torture you and use you as his slave. You are thinking of a way to kill him in his sleep when other goblins arrive with prisoners, as the king starts to sing a horrible song about goblin town. You see 13 dwarves tied up and while the goblins take away their weapons you manage to slowly take distance from the side of the throne. The dwarves still haven't noticed you and the goblins are occupied taking their belongings from them. You menage to take a small dagger and crawl again to your spot near the king's throne. While the king questions the dwarves you start to use the dagger to cut the rope tied at your foot. You finish just in time to hear a dwarf yelling.

"Wait!" yells a stoic dwarf with long dark hair.

"Well, well, well... look who it is! Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King Under the Mountain! Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain, and you're not a king, which makes you nobody, really" the king and all the goblins start laughing. Then he goes on "I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A pale orc astride a white warg."

The dwarf, whose name apparently is Thorin, speaks again "Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago"

"So, you think his defiling days are done, do you?" the king turns to the messenger and says "Send word to the pale orc, tell him I have found his prize. In the meantime, why don't we have some fun?"

Suddenly a goblin starts screaming as he tosses an elfic sword that's glowing.

"I know that sword! It is the Goblin-cleaver! The Biter! The blade that sliced a thousand necks!" the king seems terrified and then he yells "Slash them, beat them, peel them, kill them all! Cut off his head!"

This is the moment you were waiting for: as the goblins attacks the prisoners you jump and take the glowing sword in you hand. Then you start to kill as many goblins as you can, while you try to cut Thorin's rope. When you set him free you give him his sword, and he starts to do the same thing with another dwarf. Suddenly there's a big explosion and a man with a strange stick and a pointy hat yells "Take up arms. Fight. Fight!".

At this point all the dwarves are free of their ropes and they start fighting. Then the strange man speaks again "Follow me. Quick! Run!". All the dwarves start running and you notice that one has grabbed you hand. You quickly run with him, swinging your dagger left and right when a goblin approaches you. You keep running hand in hand with the blonde dwarf until you reach a little bridge. The dwarves cut the ropes at the end to make it swing and when it reaches the other side the blonde dwarf tells you to jump. You do as he says, and you reach the other side with some of the others. You wait for him as you slash some other goblins and when the bridge approaches again everyone else jumps off. The blonde dwarf cuts the remaining ropes, making the bridge fall. He takes your hand again and you both start running after the others until you almost reach the exit of the cave. As you're about to break free the goblin king shows up, blocking your way.

"You thought you could escape me! What are you going to do now, wizard?"

The strange man, who now you know is a wizard, stabs him in the eye using his staff, then using his sword he cuts open his belly, making the king falls to his knees.

"That'll do it." he says, before falling and breaking the bridge. Suddenly you and the dwarves start falling into the deep cavern, still on top of the bridge. Miraculously you all survive as you land safely on the cave's ground below.

" Well, that could have been worse." says a dwarf with a funny hat. As he says that the dead body of the goblin king lands on top of you. "You've got to be joking!" complains another dwarf. As you struggle to get free from under the rubble, you see a flood of goblins coming down at you. You quickly set free the blonde dwarf that helped you and you grab his hand, as the wizard tells you to run to the daylight. Hand in hand you follow the others, and you keep running as you reach a safe point.

As you reached a safe point you let go of the blonde dwarf's hand and you sit on a rock, trying to catch your breath. You see the wizard counting the dwarves and then he asks concerned "Where's Bilbo? Where is our hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!"

Suddenly all the dwarves start looking around for this hobbit. As they speak you look for the first time at the dwarves, in particular the one that saved you. He looks young, his beard still short compared to the others. There are some braids in his hair and you notice two little braids in his beard too. -well, he looks kinda handsome for a dwarf- you think to yourself. You then notice that there is another little man speaking to Thorin now and you listen to what he's saying.

"Look, I know you doubt me. I know...I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books, and my armchair, and my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back, cause...you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you, but I will help you take it back if I can." says the little hobbit. Then he notices you and he asks looking at the other "and who might she be?"