Chapter Four

Chapter Four

        Stone Enterprises was a private corporation. Sebastian Stone was a well known business-savvy entrepreneur. He had come into a good sum of money in his early twenties and used his college degree and expertise in finances to create Stone Enterprises. Stone Enterprises dealt with a number if things that ranged from money management, to stocks and bonds and adopting new products that had potential and marketing them.

        Sebastian Stone was no tycoon, but in the money world he was worth millions of dollars and approaching the number of billion rapidly. Now at thirty-one, Sebastian Stone was ranked in the top ten businessmen of the world. Of course, he was number eight, but not many people could make it to the top twenty.

        The image of Mr. Stone stalking towards me had made my heart skip a few beats, but I sat my iPad down on my desk, folding my hands neatly in my lap and waited for Mr. Stone to be close enough to start lecturing me on whatever he had on his mind.

        Once he was directly in front of my desk, he set down a eight by eleven sheet of paper that had a picture of Louis Tomlinson and I, embraced in each other. My hair was longer and blonde, and Louis was free of the tattoos that he now possessed. I looked up at Mr. Stone, whose face was a mixture of anger and delight.

        "Yes, Mr. Stone?" I gestured to the picture, "What is the significance of this?"

        "This," he said, and pointed towards the colored picture, "Is the result of my background checking, Victoria Green."

        I scoffed, "I haven't used that name in years. And, I legally changed my name." I said matter-o-factly.

        He shook his head. "Don't you understand? You know Louis Tomlinson -"

        "Knew." I corrected, "And shouldn't you have already known this? I did manager their band for over a year."

        Mr. Stone shook his head. "I've never listened to One Direction so I never knew Louis Tomlinson was a member of the band. I've only ever known him as a the third wealthiest man in the United Kingdom."

        I held back a gasp of amazement, but my eyes  bugged out ever so slightly as I glanced down at the picture. I hadn't researched the name Louis Tomlinson in over five years, or picked up a tabloid magazine ever since my face was plastered over them for about a week. I didn't know Louis had become that wealthy.

        "What do you mean?" I asked, curious for more information.

        Mr. Stone peered over his shoulder and then brought his face closer to mine by a fraction of an inch. "Louis Tomlinson was a known drug-addict around four years ago. Tabloids all over boasted about how he had spent six months in prison after being caught with various amounts of different drugs in the back of his car. After doing time in prison, he supposedly cleaned up his act and started working for a friend of the family. From there, he went on to be the wealthiest businessman to make his own fortune."

        I furrowed my eyebrows at Mr. Stone's story. "How have I not heard about this? I've lived here for nearly five years."

        Mr. Stone shrugged. "Mr. Tomlinson is good at keeping the media away nowadays." He nodded at the photograph, "But upon finding that, I believe we have some things to discuss." He waved his hand at me and directed me to his office after seeing that three people who were at the water cooler, weren't really getting any water - they were eavesdropping.

~*~

        I smoothed the top of my pencil skirt out and anxiously waited for Mr. Stone to explain the things that we needed to talk about pertaining to the photograph. Were past romantic affairs with supposed present-day billionaires forbidden at Stone Enterprises? I couldn't get fired on the first day, that would set a new record for me.