Chapter 3

The inside of my eyelids turned a deep shade of orange. I opened my eyes to see the sunlight peeking out through my egg-white curtains. I wiped the drool off my face. Before getting up, I stretched my sore back. I sleepily stumbled into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My leftover mascara was spread across my face, giving me raccoon eyes, no thanks to my pillow. I groaned and went back into my room. I looked at my pillow that my face was on literally minutes ago and saw black smear marks on it. Ugh! More laundry. These are the times that I wished I was Oliver Queen. I slapped myself mentally. I thought about him again! Damn it! I threw my head back and walked back into the bathroom. I opened a small drawer and pulled out a pink brush. I pulled it through my blond waves of hair until it looked remotely professional. I put the brush and looked around for clothes. I saw a pair of jeans and a light blue blouse that was a week old. I grabbed them and took a sniff. Smells fine. I'll just wear these. I slipped out of my Mickey Mouse pjs and put on the non-formal outerwear that people call clothes.

I walked out of the bathroom and plopped down on the hideously yellow couch in front of my square TV. I grabbed the remote off of the small coffee table and flipped through the various channels. When it hit the Big Bang Theory, I kept it there and went to go make a cup of coffee. In the midst of making the warm, strong beverage, my phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID. Oliver Queen. "Isn't his secretary supposed to call me?" I asked under my breath. I hit the green answer button and held the iPhone up to my ear. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Hello, Ms. Smoak. Would you be able to come to my office in 45 minutes? We have some things to discuss," Oliver's voice rang from inside Queen Consolidated. "Um, okay," I said hesitantly. What's gonna happen? Am I hired? What if he has to tell me that I didn't get the job? I stressed about this. "Great. See you in a few," Oliver's smile was so wide, I could hear it in his voice. He hung up the phone. I put my phone down and sat down. Does THE Oliver Queen really wanna meet me? Or is this just some scam? Wait, if it was a scam, then who would pull it? My brain just wouldn't shut up. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my cousin, Carrie, barged through my door.

I jumped. "Carrie! What the hell?!" I shouted at her. She dismissed my outburst and shouted back, "You're going to meet Oliver Queen!" She squealed. "Wait," I stood up and walked towards her. "How'd you know about that?" I asked her, suspiciously. "I may or may not have intercepted the call," Carrie confessed, looking at me, showing off her pearly white teeth. "You are the creepiest kind of stalker." I turned around to go get my coffee. "But, how could I not?! Your caller ID said 'Oliver Queen'! It said Oliver freaking Queen!!" Her blond curls bounced up and down in excitement. I met her hazel eyes. "Care, Oliver and I are none of your business," I said. "Oh, so you guys are a thing?! Why didn't you tell me?!" She was shaking in happiness. I mentally kicked myself, realizing my mistake. "NO! No, we're not a thing. It's just that... I would like you to keep your little red nose out of my business," I demanded. Carried crossed her arms. "Fine, but you should know that your brother put me up to this," she said, smugly. Ughh! Are you kidding me?! I played it off cool. "Fine. I gotta go to Queen Consolidated." I grabbed my turquoise leather purse and walked towards the door. I put a hand on the cold, brass doorknob and opened the door. "Oh," I looked back at the other blond. "If you see Nick again, slap him for me," and I left.