Chapter 12

"Felicity!" I heard Oliver sprinting to my side. His fingers touched my neck, just below my jaw, to check my pulse. Oliver breathed a sigh of relief. "She's still breathing," his distant voice called out. Sara's voice rang through next. "Get her on the table. She still might be hurt," she urged. Oliver's arms went under my limp body and picked me up. With my hand hanging, he put me on the medical bay as three heated bodies surrounded me. I felt my bouncy blouse peeled off, leaving me in my bra. A small, cold hand pressed against my ribs. I apparently, subconsciously, winced, telling my teammates and friends that my ribs were broken. But, that was it. Since they couldn't do anything the ribs, Oliver's warm hands inserted a syringe in my chest, containing what Roy's voice called Oliver's "magical island herbs". My mind drifted off, not hearing the rest of their conversation.

Breathing heavily, I shot up but limped back down in pain caused by my sudden movement to my ribs. I groaned loudly as I put my arm around my middle. I felt a hand on my hand, another hand laid on top of my hand on my chest. "Hey, take it easy," Oliver's voice soothed. Getting my breathing under control, I looked up at Oliver. He had a sad smile spread across his face as his hand wrapped around mine. "You're gonna be okay," he assured me. I looked around and saw Diggle, Roy, and Sara coming up to me, worried looks on their faces. "Felicity..." Oliver's voice brought my eyes back to him. "What happened?" he asked softly. I sighed before I started explaining. "Malcolm Merlyn, he... He just barged in here and started shooting arrows at me. I grabbed one of Sara's bo staffs and defended myself. In the end, he had me in a headlock, then threw me at a table," I answered honestly. "We shouldn't've left you here," Oliver said quietly as he looked to the side. "Hey," I squeezed his hand tighter. "You had no choice. Did... Did you get Thea?" I asked. "No. Thea was safely at home. It was all a diversion for this, I bet," Roy said from the other side of me. "What does Merlyn want with Felicity?" Diggle asked. "He doesn't." All three of them looked at me like I was crazy. "When he came in here, the first thing he said was that he knew that I loved Oliver. I don't think he's trying to hurt me. I think he was trying to hurt Oliver through me," I explained. Their faces changed from anxious and curious to ridiculed and furious. "That's bullshit!" Roy yelled in frustration. "Didn't he fail at killing you a couple of months ago?" "Apparently, he wants more of his ass handed to him," Diggle said calmly.

I put my head in a resting position and closed my eyes. I felt Oliver's hand squeeze mine tighter. "You okay?" his voice chimed. Still looking at the inside of my eyelids, I nodded slightly, lying. I opened my eyes and saw that Oliver had closed his eyes as well. "Hey." I held up a hand and cupped his cheek. A smile grew on my face as he gave into my touch. "I'll be fine," I said as soon as he opened his eyes. Oliver slightly opened his mouth and looked away. I lowered my arm, putting it beside me. Taking a deep breath, I swung my legs to the side of the table and stood up. I tried walking, but ended up stumbling into Oliver's open arms. I looked into his deep, blue eyes of his. His eyes pooled in worry. "You should get some sleep," Oliver finally spoke.

Completely ignoring Oliver, I walked put a hand on my back. "Felicity," he urged. "I-I just need some air," I said loudly so everyone could hear me. I stormed out of the Foundry with my heels clicking with every step I took. I walked out of Verdant and inserted an alleyway. I closed my eyes and felt the icy wind fly past my face, twisting my hair into a tornado. I heard footsteps coming up from behind me. Thinking it was Oliver, I said, "Oliver, I-," I turned around and stopped mid-sentence after realizing it wasn't him. "You okay?" the man said. "Tommy," I lead. "How'd you find me?" "Oliver. He, uh, thought I should talk to you. To see if I could help," Tommy Merlyn answered. He looked into my eyes and I could see, what seemed like, sorry in the them. "Well, I don't think you can." I turned. Tommy and I became friends 12 years ago when Nick nearly died. "Felicity." He came up behind me and turned me to face him. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me. I dug my face into his shirt and hugged him back.