Chapter 9: "The Tainted Trio"

Ring sprinted down an empty street, staring at the hulking wax witch as she writhed in the distance. She had noticed the column of black smoke rising into the sky.. The last time she had experienced such a sight was from her own soul gem, in another timeline. ".. Juubey.. I'm not liking this.." She whispered, clutching the feline tightly in her arms as she ran.

"I can safely say that all of your friends are alive!.. Not too well, but alive!" Juubey chirped.

"As long as they're alive, that's all that matters. We can heal them when this is all said and done." Ring huffed.

Kehehehehehe!!-

Ring gasped, stopping as wax figurines landed all around her, pointing their spears at her.

".. J-Juubey!" Ring gulped, holding the feline tightly.

"Protect me, Ring! If they destroy me, I don't have any clones!" Juubey cried out.

".. A-Alright! Hold on!"

"Wait what?!-"

Ring suddenly lifted Juubey and tossed the feline into the air! Her hand glowed a bright blue as white ribbons broke through the asphalt beneath her, wrapping the creature in a tightly-fit cocoon!

Throwing her hand downward, she transformed in a flash, her ring blades glowing as she raised them up. She slashed at the wax figures relentlessly, slicing their fragile bodies in half with a flick of her wrist.

She stared at them as they slowly began to melt into golden puddles, and slowly slide across the ground to one another, conjoining and rising from the ground once again.

Now taking the shape as a minotaur, the wax minions form a much larger, more intimidating beast. They let out a distorted roar, before sprinting toward Ring, their spear raised.

"Ugh!" Ring growled, before sprinting toward the minotaur. She kicks off of the ground and does a flip, slashing into the minion's shoulders as she twirls through the air, landing behind them.

"Anelli Di Verità!" Ring called out, as her rings suddenly grew in size, shooting forward and circling the minotaur like large tires as they began to wrap the beast in a thin white ribbon.

The wax figure roared, trying to move but unable to break through the seemingly impenetrable ribbonry. It struggled, and struggled, before falling forward, with a crash!

"Haaaa!-" Ring summoned two more ring blades, before cartwheeling toward the incapacitated minion, completely decapitating it as she does one last backflip, landing gracefully on the other side of the beast as it began to fade away as black smoke.

Ahahaha!!-

Ring tensed, turning around to see that the colossal wax witch had taken notice of her, and was slowly sliding toward her, more minions emerging from the shell surrounding the Chi Tower.

The girls gasp, seeing the witch begin to move in the opposite direction of them.

"W-Where is she going?!" Mami gasped.