Chapter 1

"Love asks me no questions and gives me endless support" (William Shakespeare)

My name is Lando Norris, I am 21, and I am a driver for McLaren Formula 1 Team. But that you already knew it. I will start my third year in Formula 1 at the winter test in Bahrain the 12th of March, again, you probably knew it already.

There are two differences between this year and the two before. The first one, I lost my teammate, Carlos is now a Ferrari driver. I have to say that it is hard for me to not be able to see him at the MTC... The meetings are boring without him. Of course, Daniel is genuinely nice, and he brings experience with him but Carlos and me we were really close, and we understand each other, and it was easy to speak about the car, the team and maybe, I said maybe, to laugh about Zak, my team boss.

You are probably asking what the second thing is... So, let me tell you : I met someone during the winter break. And this story, it is our story.

14th of February 2021

I have decided with the rest of Quadrant to stream on Twitch today because none of us have a girlfriend (or boyfriend in Ria's case). I was really satisfied about the painting part, except the part where I put the paint on my trousers. But well, it happened, so I decided to do my laundry because my mum always told me : "faster is washed, the better the result will be". After that, I decided to see if everything I need for the car launch was ready, and I check my schedule of tomorrow : 9am at the MTC, 7:30pm for the car launch. I promise myself to ask for a quick twitch stream before the car launch. Everything was alright and ready. So, I just ate my dinner (without burning my food) and went to bed. Sometimes, I have to say that I am feeling lonely in this big house. At the beginning Sasha was here and sometimes Carlos visited me but now, I am alone.

15th of February 2021

I woke up before my alarm, but I do not know why. I look at my phone and saw that it was 7 in the morning. I decided to go for a run for about half an hour. When I was getting back home, I saw this girl, she looked lost and when she saw me, she just decided to come asking for help.

"Hi, sorry to bother you early in the morning, but I think I am lost. Can you tell me where is the McLaren Centre ? I have to meet a friend in front of the roundabout because we are going for a hike in the woods right near it." She spoke.

"Well, you are lucky, I'm Lan-" I started.

"I know who you are, you are Lando Norris. Formula One driver for McLaren. I am a fan of Formula 1 since I am a kid, thanks to my dad. I don't expect to meet you, but you are the first person I saw here this morning, so you are the only person I can ask."

"Oh, okay, well if you continue straight you will be able to find it."

"Thank you so much, have a good day."

And she just left. I was so confused that she doesn't ask for anything like a photo, or I don't know what else because sometimes fans are really weird. I did something I have never done before; I ran to her...

"I have to go to MCT in like half an hour so, if you want, I can take you with me. I just had to take a shower at home before, but you can stay at my place while I take my stuff."

She looked at me, confused.

"I don't want to bother you. And I could tell everyone where you live... So why do you trust me ? I'm just a stranger."

"I don't know, something tells me that you will not say anything and that I can trust you."

"You are right, I will not say anything. I'm Astrid by the way."

"Nice to meet you Astrid. So, you want to come ?"

"With pleasure".

We just walk to my house. When we entered, I ask her if she wanted something to drink and give her just a glass of water because she just wanted that. I went upstairs and decided to take a quick shower. I take all my stuff for my day at the MTC. When I went back downstairs, she was in front of my helmets.

"I was asking myself where Astrid comes from, like why your parents give you the name of a Belgian Queen who were from Sweden ?"

"My mum like the name and gave it to me, I don't know more."

I take my keys and we went outside. We sat in my car while we were still talking about her name.

"Where do you come from ? It's rare to have a Belgian name in England."

"I'm French, I live in the north of France, 30 minutes away from the train which go under the sea."

"So why are you here ?"

"Well, I have one of my high school friend who is studying at the University of Reading, and I'm in holidays for a week, so we decided to just see each other here because it was one of our dream to go for a hike near the MTC, I know it's a strange dream." She said while we were arriving at the MTC.

"Oh okay. Here we are. Can I ask for your number, or you don't like me and don't want to see me ever again ?" I ask politely.

"This is my number +33 6 33 ** ** **, I will be waiting for your text."

"Thank you, have fun with your friend Astrid."

"Thank you, Lando, have fun." She said as she gets out of my car.

I watched her walk away, shortly afterwards a girl appeared at his side, they hugged and left together.

~~~~~

A/N

OK, I just post my first ever chapter. Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my first language. I read some stories with Lando but none of them were just Lando's point of view so I decided to try it. I had this idea in my mind for a while now.
Hope you will enjoy it