Chapter 29

I woke up to a noise from the bathroom. I turned to the other side of the bed where my girlfriend was supposed to be, but it was empty and cold. I looked towards the bathroom; the door was closed. "Is everything okay, sweetheart?" I asked. The only answer I got was the sound of my beloved throwing up. I got up straight from the bed to go and see her. I opened the bathroom door to find her sitting in front of the toilet, her back against the tiled wall. She was pale, like very pale! I could have compared her to a ghost. "Hi there! Sorry I woke you up." She said to me while trying to smile, but without success. Even when she was sick, she apologised. "What's wrong?" I answered. "It could be that I didn't take my pancreas medicine last night when I should have..." she replied. "Do you want them now? I can get them for you if you tell me where they are." I asked her, but the look on her face told me it was too late. "The medicine won't do me any good. Can you take me to the emergency please?". Could I ? Yes. I just had one problem: I didn't know where the hospital in Monaco was... I looked at the time: 4:27. He was going to hate me, but I needed help on this one. He picked up the phone in a few rings with a sleepy voice (I know, it makes sense).

Lando, why are you calling me at this hour?

Hi Charles, I'm really sorry but this is an emergency.

I'm sure it must be important... What is it?

Can you tell me where the hospital is, especially the emergency?

WHAT?!? What happened?

*I heard a sleepy voice behind him, he'd probably just woken Charlotte up screaming like that...*

Tris has pancreatitis and I need to get her to the emergency as soon as possible.

Don't move, I mean, I know you're not going to move. But I'm on my way, I'll pick you up.

Thank you, Charles.

I hung up and went back to the bathroom where Astrid was still vomiting despite the fact that she hadn't had anything in her stomach for a long time. She had a stomach-ache, and it hurts me to see her like that. "Charles is coming sweetheart, he'll be here in a little while..." I said, stroking her back up and down.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it and found Charles, hurriedly dressed in shorts and a t-shirt with his bandana in his hair and his glasses. Next to him I found Charlotte wearing a simple dress. I ushered them into the room. "Can you look after her while I get dressed, please?" I asked. Charlotte went straight to the bathroom. I heard the two girls speaking in French. Astrid was trying to speak while Charlotte was reassuring her. I saw her coming back 2 seconds later. "Excuse me Lan but where is her suitcase?" she asked me. I moved her to a corner of the room, and she went to look inside. She went back into the bathroom with some clothes. Charles turned to me as I was getting dressed.

"Can you explain? I thought she wasn't having a crisis anymore. You told us it was under control."

"Last night we went out to eat at a restaurant and she didn't take her medication, she forgot. I woke up not even half an hour ago because I heard her throwing up. I didn't know she would have a fit. I assure you. "

Charlotte came out of the bathroom with Astrid who was struggling to walk. She was dressed in leggings and her high school green hoodie. I saw her wobble and decided to catch her before she fell. She was getting worse and worse...

"Charles, the keys are on the hallway cabinet, can you get them? I'll carry her. Charlotte, could you see if there's a basin or something under the sink in the bathroom? ".