Chapter 7

"Oh, my mother came home early today. "So, I was going to meet her mother. "Come on, you'll see, she's really lovely. Hello everybody! "I looked at her confused, why was she speaking in English with her mother? I heard her mother reply "Everybody hello! "It's a thing between me and her. Mum, we have a guest this afternoon. This is Lando. "I then saw a woman coming from the kitchen, she had short hair of the same light brown as Astrid and the same eyes as Astrid. I knew now from whom she got her physical characteristics. "Oh, hello Lando, how are you? "Hello Madam, I'm fine and you? "Call me Céline. I'm fine thank you. I'm surprised to see you in France, shouldn't you be preparing for your next season?" "I had 5 days off before the winter tests. Does your whole family watch F1? "They looked at each other with smiles growing on their faces. It was finally Astrid who answered: "Actually, with Mum, F1 was not a big passion at the beginning: we followed the different races and the promising drivers but nothing great in itself. And I think what changed our minds was the Turkish GP last year. We had a really good laugh. We know it's dangerous for you, but we just decided to note down your different stunts. "I see...".

Astrid was right, her mother is adorable. I understood that she had taken much more than her mother's physique, she had also taken her goodness, her generosity, her empathy. I could see how close the two of them were. I am close to my mother but being away from home a lot didn't allow me to create a similar relationship. Several times during the conversation I saw them looking at each other and smiling or even laughing. They didn't need to talk to each other to understand each other. This relationship was beautiful to watch.

One thing disturbed me, however: the cushions next to her bed, they were not there for a person to sit on, but they were placed in a certain way. "Astrid, what are these cushions for? "Oh, they are Sigma's cushions, she sleeps in my room at night otherwise she wants to play with the other dogs at night. The only way she can sleep is if she's in my room or my parents' room. "I see. Speaking of parents, I noticed that you are very close to your mother. Your relationship is impressive. " "Yes, my mother and I are very close, not least because she is the only one who has supported me since I was very little. For example, in January 2018, I started having regular headaches. I ended up missing 3 weeks of school in a month and a half. We went to my doctor who sent me home with Paracetamol. I was still in pain despite the Paracetamol. While the rest of my family thought that I was playing a game to avoid going to school, my mother believed me and took me back to the doctor who finally decided to send me to the hospital for tests. These tests revealed that I had a migraine. Now I have a suitable treatment. This is just one example. "I wish I could have created the same relationship with my mother. Not that I don't get on with her. I have a great relationship with her but not as strong as yours. Travelling around the world doesn't help much...".

We continued talking until we heard the front door. "That must be my sister. I heard her sister speaking French with her mother and asked Astrid to translate for me. "She asked whose Skoda was in front of the house and my mother told her that to find out, she had to ask me and that I was in my room. ". At that moment, we heard someone coming up the stairs and knocking on the bedroom door. Astrid answered, "Come in Sista" "Uhm Astrid, whose Skoda is in front of the ...... house .... OH MY GOD !!!!! Astrid what is Lando Norris doing in your room? "Melie, this is Lando, Lando this is my sister, two years older than me, Melie, she studies chemistry. "Nice to meet you Melie, just call me Lando. "Hi Lando, nice to meet you," she replied with eyes still filled with wonder. "I met your sister on holiday at her friend's house in England. We've been talking ever since. I'm currently staying with my grandparents in Belgium for five days, so I might as well drop by. "She nodded, showing that I had a logical reasoning.

"By the way, it's getting late, I should go back to my grandparents' before they warn my parents that I came back late and that I have the right to a sermon as in 12 days I have to be in Bahrain... Anyway, I don't want to leave but I have no choice. "Astrid smiles at me, "Lando, calm down, there's no problem, I understand. It was a pleasure to see you. "The pleasure is shared, Melie, Céline, I am delighted to have met you. "Also, good luck with your season. Take care of yourself. "Céline answered me. I went out with Astrid. We walked to my car. "Well, it's time to say goodbye again..." "Stop it Lando, we can still talk on the phone. "Maybe you could come with me to Bahrain for the tests at least..." She looked at me surprised at my request and took out her phone, typed something and put it away. Soon after her mother came out. "Mum, Lando just invited me to go to Bahrain with him for the winter tests. I just checked, I don't have a test, just classes. I'm sure there's internet there. So, I could follow them from Bahrain. Can I go there please? "Well, that can be done. When are you leaving Lando? "Well, I'm going back to England on Tuesday afternoon and I'm leaving the following Monday. "Would you mind if you went back with her and she stayed with you until you left? "Sure, no problem" "In that case, Astrid, you'll leave on Tuesday afternoon with Lando. Have a good time. "Thank you, Mom. Thank you, Celine. "She returned. Astrid and I smiled at each other and said goodbye. I left her house happier than ever.