Chapter 15

Everything was better now that Astrid was with me. I was so happy. I felt like I could do anything. The media day went well as did the free practice 1, 2, and 3. Now it was time for qualifying. I was in my driver's room with Astrid. We were lying on the sofa. I was already dressed for the qualifications, but she didn't mind. I had not closed my suit which was down to my waist. Astrid was tired but she wasn't sleeping, she was resting gently on me, her head buried in my neck. It was pleasant to be lying like that, doing nothing. I played with her hair, quietly. I had never been as relaxed before a qualification as I was now. We didn't speak but it wasn't an awkward silence. Astrid was softly humming a melody. I had my eyes closed to fully appreciate this moment. I was not thinking about anything, I just wanted to enjoy it as much as possible. I heard my phone ring. I opened my eyes to grab my phone and saw Jon standing in the doorway. I tapped Astrid on the shoulder with my index finger to get her to open her eyes. "Jon, you scared me! Couldn't you have knocked on the door?" . "Lando, I knocked but no one answered. I thought you were asleep, so I came in." . "I didn't hear anything." . I really didn't hear anything. I looked at my phone to see that it was a picture of Jon that had made it ring. I looked at the picture and transferred it to Astrid, we were cute. I looked at Jon again. "If you're here, I guess it's time to go, isn't it?" . "Right, Lan, time to get in the car." . I smiled, looked at Astrid who hadn't moved. "Sweetheart, I have to go, and you should join Carmen, Isa and Charlotte in the Paddock Club." . I only got a sort of grunt in reply, but she stood up, "Good luck my darling, I'm sure you'll do well." . She kissed me, glanced at Jon, and then left.

"You were both cute. I'm sorry I had to interrupt the moment. However, I have to admit that I haven't seen you this relaxed before qualifying since you started F3." Jon said to me. I smiled and replied: "It was nice. I didn't worry about anything. I'm relaxed. Now let's go and show the others what we are made of. ". Jon laughed, "Nice attitude! ".

Getting to Q2 is easy for us now, getting to Q3 is sometimes more complicated but I've been doing pretty well for a while. I was delighted that my friend George Russell got into Q2 for the first race of the season. I was concentrating on Q3. I did the best I could and finished P7, just ahead of Carlos. I was quite happy with this result for a first race. I was a bit disappointed that Daniel managed to do better than me in the first race, but I put that disappointment aside. I got out of the car. I thanked everyone and told my mechanics what changes I needed to make for tomorrow, especially in terms of my posture in the car. I left with Charlotte to do my interviews. Once all that is over, I will go back to my driver's room to meet Astrid.

I entered the room and I saw Astrid asleep on the sofa. I smiled, she had waited for me in spite of her tiredness, she could have taken one of the mechanics' minibuses but no, she waited until I finished my interviews. As I squatted next to her, I heard someone knocking at my door. "Come in." . The door opened to reveal Carlos. "Hi mate, I've come to congratulate you on your P7." . I put my finger to my lips to tell him to keep it down. He looked at me and then at Astrid. He lowered the volume of his voice. "Is she asleep? Why didn't she come back with the mechanics? " he asked me. "Yes, she's sleeping. She wanted to wait for me to come home. ". While we were talking, I heard Astrid moving, I looked in her direction and saw her slowly opening her eyes. "Hello, my sleeping beauty, how are you? Did you sleep well? "Hello, my Prince, how are you? Yes, I slept quite well but I sleep much better in your arms. Congratulations on your P7." . Carlos called out to us before I could reply, "You two are cute. Lando, maybe you should take her back to the hotel." . He was right. The three of us headed for the car park to get back to the hotel. So, we split up outside our room. I went back to my room with Astrid. "Do you want to eat something? " I asked her. "Pasta Bolognese! I love it." . "I know." . I called room service to order two plates of pasta Bolognese. Our meals arrived quickly, and we ate. I put the plates aside. Astrid was standing stretching. I joined her, grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. She returned my kiss passionately. "I thought you were tired, beautiful...". "Maybe I have some energy left." She replied with a provocative smirk. I carried her to bed and we ... (A/N : I'm a Mamma Mia fan, sorry)