Chapter 11

The four hours in the morning were reserved for Daniel. I got into the car during the 4h of the afternoon. During the morning, I left Astrid alone. She had only one class in the day and it was from 11 am to 1 pm. So, I went to do my interviews, to make the different videos requested by F1 for their YouTube channel, I talked with Carlos (who was driving in the afternoon too), I went to analyse Daniel's data for about an hour. He had a good rhythm, but something was blocking. I noticed something strange in the data and asked Tom and Will. They looked at what I had noticed, and both realised that was the problem. Tom asked Daniel to change some settings to see if that would solve the problem. After a few laps, the problem seemed to be solved. I was proud of myself; I was getting better and better at understanding the data and analysing it too. I then went to my driver's room. I found Jon preparing my suit for this afternoon.

Hi Jon, how are you?

Hi Lando, how are you? Ready for this afternoon?

I'm good, I'm good, I'm more than ready for this afternoon!

Oh, good. No pain in your neck or back?

A bit in the lower back but it's not much.

I'll give you a massage. On the table, without the shirt, and hurry up, Sir I'm fine but no.

Oh, all right.

I took off my shirt and sat on the table.

So other than that?

What?

How's your stay going?

Good, great!

You're not going to tell me anything more?

About what?

Come on, Lando, you know what I'm talking about... Astrid? Have you done it yet?

Well, it's going great. No, we haven't done anything, we're taking it easy and we're both happy, I think... We're together and happy, that's all that matters...

But?

The criticism started; she had a hard time taking it. I managed to calm her down but once she fell asleep, I called Carlos because I admit that seeing her scared made me panic. I don't know what to do. I feel helpless. It was Carlos who came up with the solution. How can I make her happy if I'm not the one who provides the solution when she's scared?

Don't be so hard on yourself, Lan, it's not your fault. It's the first time you've brought a girl into this world. Carlos has the solution today because he's known your situation. But I'm sure you'll be able to make her happy and I think she's sure of that too, otherwise she wouldn't have gone with you.

Maybe you're not wrong...

Jon had just finished massaging my back, I stood up and put my shirt back on. Astrid then entered the room.

A : I'm sorry, I might be disturbing you. I'll come back later.

J : No, I was just leaving. Lando, we'll meet here 30 minutes before the session starts.

L : No problem.

Jon walked out and I was left with Astrid.