Chapter 30

The few days when Astrid rested were quiet. She accepted that I go out with Carlos, Charles, and Max. We went to play golf (as often)... We had got Sigma back after 2 days. On Tuesday morning, the day before the media day, I was walking in the streets of Monaco with Charles quietly. We discussed a little bit about everything and nothing. We had settled on a low wall near the sea. Astrid was still sleeping when I left. It pleased me to see her sleeping : she had to rest. People were passing by us; some were running while others were simply strolling in the streets.

"How are things with Charlotte?"
"Everything is fine. We might run into her, she told me she wanted to go for a run this morning. How about you? How is she?"
"She's doing much better. She's on a strict diet of pasta and rice if I'm not being too picky... But she's resting.
"Oh, there's Charlotte. There's someone with her... It's amazing, she's not the type to run with people."
"That's Astrid with her and Sigma too..."

The girls came up to us and greeted us. I have to admit that seeing my girlfriend dressed like that did not leave me indifferent. She was wearing her leggings with a white crop top. It showed off her slightly rounded abs, but it wasn't too noticeable. She had gathered her hair in a high ponytail. She was wearing her phone armband and headphones, which she dropped over her shoulders as they came near us. She kissed my lips chastely while Charlotte did the same with Charles who was watching his girlfriend intently too. It was as if we were rediscovering them.

"My love, shouldn't you be resting?" I asked Astrid.
"I needed to get out so I texted Charlotte and she said she was going for a run so I said I would join her."
"Okay."

She turned to Charles to say hello.

"I'm glad to see you up and around and with enough energy to run."
"I needed to blow off some steam. Nothing like running with Sigma and your gorgeous girlfriend to look after me."

She took a kind of bottle with a little container built into it from her running belt to give Sigma a drink. I loved her running belt; it had a space to put Sigma's little bottle on her back and Sigma's leash was built into the front. We walked to Fontvieille to sit on the water's edge, legs dangling over the clear water. Charles and I went to get a bottle of water for each of the girls.

ASTRID: So, boys, ready for your media day?
CHARLES: Absolutely.... NOT! They're going to ask me again if I'm going to finish one of my grand prix at home... I'm sick of it. It's not my fault that the last time we were here Ferrari didn't send me back on track in qualifying...
LANDO: I'm ready. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a great qualifying session!
CHARLOTTE: I agree with Lando, you're going to do a great qualifying and a great race. We'll see about practice on Thursday.

We continued talking for another hour, sitting by the water. We decided to go to the Larvotto beach for the afternoon but first we all went home to have lunch and change. I put on my swimming suit while Astrid took a shower to relax her muscles after her jogging. She came out of the shower and came into the room in her towel. She bent down to her suitcase to take out her swimming costume. She went back into the bathroom to put it on. She came back to me. She was beautiful...

"You know if you keep staring at me in that outfit, I might make us late..." I said provocatively. She turned to me and smiled, "Well then, I'll put my shirt on..." she replied. It was a black crop top that showed her belly. "You know it's not much better, actually," I said. "But it's better... Come on!" She held out her hand, which I took without a moment's hesitation. We set off for the beach where we met up with Charles, Charlotte, Pierre, Max, Kelly, Daniel, George, Carlos, and Alex. We were the last to arrive. We all went to the beach together. The girls went directly to take pictures at the water's edge. Astrid had taken off her top. I watched the three of them taking pictures of each other. They were all happy.

"I didn't think your girlfriend was so hot" I heard in my ear with a little Spanish accent. "CARLOOOS! You have a girlfriend! Poor Isa..." I said. "I look but I don't touch. Besides, Tris is much too young for me," he replied with a big smile. Daniel and Max came up to us. "Carlos is right... Tris is a beautiful young woman both mentally and physically. We've never seen her like this before. She's enjoying herself and she's cheerful," Max said to me. "And her looks are not something we necessarily look at, but a woman in a bikini, we do look at. And she's a pretty woman!" added Daniel. I smiled, it's true that she was rarely this relaxed. "Tris is a young woman who hides behind her blouses, her glasses and her books. She spends her time studying for fear of failing. She thinks that if she fails, she will disappoint everyone. And despite the fact that she spends 95% of her time studying, she finds time to play and go for walks with Sigma, for her passions like cooking and she even taught me how to cook. She's amazing," I explained to the boys. Charles and Pierre finally joined us while the girls came back from their photo session at the water's edge. Astrid offered to go to the water for a swim and I was left alone with Max who didn't want to go any more than I did at the moment.

"What's that scar on her chest?" he asked me. So, he had looked at her breasts... Great Max! "She had an emergency surgery in January. I didn't really understand what it was, I just understood that she had some kind of thing that wouldn't heal and that it kept bleeding. Her surgeon had planned a one-hour surgery and it turned into a 3-hours surgery because it was deeper and fed directly through the heart. She was in pain for 3 weeks after her surgery, but she went to school and passed all her tests. When I met her, she had an appointment at the hospital every 2/3 weeks for check-ups..." I explained to him the best I could. He observed Astrid for a moment before answering me. "She is brave! She really is! We should join them, don't you think?" I nodded and we went to join everyone in the water.

~~~~~

A/N

Hello my friends ! Sorry, it's been a while... And besides, it's a short chapter. I promise, I'll make it up to you on the next one : MONACO GP BABY !!!!

Well, otherwise, I'm a bit bored this weekend without any GP to watch after having had some for 3 weeks... Thanks Goodwood for showing us stuff this weekend. I can't wait for next weekend to see if George has a place at Mercedes !

Today, I registered for my 2nd year of university, still in law... The registration fee in France is not much but the student contribution... It's totally too much (92€ to pay every year)...Well, I'll stop telling my life story. I hope you still enjoy the story. 

I love you my readers. Thanks for the 4k readings.