chapter 19

if u see spelling or grammar errors pls ignore them its the middle of the night i almost fell asleep while writing and im not native in english , so 🤭 anywaysss hope u enjoy the chapter!! ily

***

"And there is no other way for sure?", Taehyung asked, looking at Jungkook nervously. The boy shrugged, "I guess there is not."
Before they could talk further about it the door got pushed open and Gigi ran back in, "Seokjin is coming! Let's go!", she said, breathing heavily. She had been walking up and down the corridors to make sure she saw early enough so Taehyung and Jungkook had enough time to leave.
The boys stared at her, expressions saddening.
"We can't do this", Jungkook suddenly said, tears filling up his already sparkly eyes, "We can't."

Taehyung turned his head in surprise, "What do you mean?", he saw the little tears and his heart sunk down to his knees. "Are you-..c-crying?!", he gasped.
He had never seen the boy crying.
Jungkook wiped away the tears as quick as he could and put on a smile, "Of course not", his grin turned evil as he moved past Gigi and walked out of the room, "Let's go then."
The two of them followed them outside the room, Gigi and Taehyung taking another way so Jungkook could continue playing along Seokjin's plan.

"Gigi", Taehyung said, "I think you're right. Jungkook always had emotions", he scratched his head.
"As I said, just because we're scientifically made does not make us less human", she shrugged, "I'm glad you realized now though." She gave him the sweetest smile as they walked down the hallways, heading back to the cafeteria.
Time to say goodbye.

Jimin was sitting at their usual table, all alone.
Taehyung let out a sigh and walked over to him again, trying to talk to him for one last time. Maybe he had an idea or something on how to solve this whole thing before it all went down.
It was about one more hour left until it was noon and everyone was supposed to be on the third corridor. "What are you doing here", Jimin snapped as he saw Taehyung and Gigi approaching him. He looked at the girl in a way that made Taehyung want to punch him, there was so much despise and hatred in the boy's eyes, even Gigi herself stepped back a few steps, inhaling deeply.
"You moved on quickly", Jimin groaned at Gigi, "Taehyung's gay. Don't get your hopes up. He won't fuck you like I do."

"Oh like you?", Gigi lifted her brows, "Like never finishing me off? Oh that's too bad, I was looking for another loser in bed."

Taehyung couldn't hold in the laughter after that, chuckling to himself while Jimin's anger level started rising again.
"Fuck you", Jimin let out, not even trying to fire back. "What do you want anyways?"

"Your help. Where are the others?", Taehyung asked, calming himself again.

"Hoseok and Yoongi are still downstairs in the practice rooms. They think we're going to fight-", Jimin said, "They should be coming back soon though."

"What's the plan now?", Gigi asked curiously.

"Oh... About that", Taehyung sighed, "There is no plan."

*

The time rushed by and soon it was about to turn noon.
Seokjin was in the third corridor, letting everyone in there while crossing off names on his board. Meanwhile Jungkook sat in the laboratory again and programmed the ship to leave its usual course, drifting right into the earth's atmosphere. Taehyung stood next to him, anxiously. "We're really doing that, are we?", he asked. Jungkook nodded. He hadn't said a word ever since they met again, trying to keep the tears in. It was obvious that Jungkook was suffering way more from this decision than Taehyung did.

Maybe because all of this was happening because they were saving his life.

"What?", Gigi walked in right when Taehyung asked the question, "What are we doing?"

"We cannot tell you", Jungkook let out, avoiding eye contact at all costs. The girl looked at them surprised, "Why not? Half the ship is about to die, guys. We have to do something", she bit her lips, looking at them daringly. "At least tell me what you are doing."

"We're landing", Taehyung suddenly blurted out, "The rest is crashing."

"What?!", Gigi blurted out, "Where are we landing?"

"Earth", Taehyung said shortly.

"I don't understand-", she said, looking around nervously. "Does Seokjin know about this?"
Jungkook shook his head, "No. We're letting the ship crash because this is the only way to kill him."

"This will kill everyone", Gigi whispered. Then her eyes glanced over to the small cabin that was now fully programmed and ready to start, "Except-", and that's when she realized what the plan was. "You two are going to be in this, aren't you?"
Jungkook and Taehyung remained silent, not knowing what to say or how to make this situation sound any better. They were selfish assholes and they knew that.
"At least cut the air off in the whole ship beforehand", she then said, disappointment visible all across her face, "I'd rather fall asleep without waking up than burning alive."

Taehyung looked surprised, "What-"

"I'd do the same", she then said, tears dwelling up. "I'd save the one I love as well. It's worth the sacrifice." She tried to wipe the tears off, looking at the clock. There wasn't much time left, only about five minutes. "You should get in. We're about to reach earth's atmosphere", she then said as she looked at the displays, slowly understanding everything that was happening.
Taehyung quietly walked over to the cabin, "It's now or never, Jungkook."
Kook however stood still, not sure what to do or say, "Gigi-", he whispered, eyes glaring back to the display. They were only minutes away from crashing and burning.

"It's okay", the girl whispered, trying her very best to be strong. "We'd die either way."

"No..", Jungkook let out weakly, "Seokjin's plan was never to kill the experiments. He just wanted to get rid off the humans."
Taehyung looked surprised while Gigi only shrugged, "Doesn't matter now. We're already on our way to earth."

"We can still turn around", Jungkook whispered, glancing at Taehyung. He just needed someone to tell him to stop all this, everything inside of Jungkook longed for someone to tell them to stop this happening. He didn't want to be the one carrying this burden.
"Taehyung would die then", Gigi said, "Taehyung's human."

Jungkook nodded while Taehyung didn't say a word, letting Jungkook make the choice.

"It's either Taehyung or everyone", Gigi smiled, "And no one expects you to choose everyone. No one expects you to play the hero, Jungkook. Just get in. I'll press the button to cut the air off."
But Jungkook was still not moving.

"We're running out of time", Taehyung reminded him, "Let's go, Kook. We can't change this. Seokjin would kill half the ship-"
Gigi stepped forwards, taking the boy's hand as she lead him over to the cabin, "It's fine, Jungkook. It's fine." But the boy wasn't fine when he got inside the cabin and pulled the door shut. He pressed the button that would look the doors and make it safe from burning.
Taehyung sat there in silence while Gigi hurried over to the button that would suck the air out of the ship.

Only seconds after she had pressed it, the door flew open and Hoseok ran in, followed by Yoongi who's clothes were drained in blood.
"We did it!!", Hoseok screamed out, "We killed Seokjin!!"

But there was no return button.

***