chapter 20

short chapter bc its almost 2am

***

"Fuck, stop this!", Jungkook yelled as he saw Hoseok and Yoongi barging through the door, screaming their lungs out as they just had killed Seokjin and somehow solved the whole problem. If only they would have done that one minute earlier. "I can't!", Taehyung shouted at Jungkook, tears dwelling up in his eyes as he tried to push the door open, knowing damn well it was locked and not able to open until they landed.
"We're killing a ship full of innocent people right now!", Jungkook screamed, hammering against the door, Gigi staring through the small window of it while her eyes got sparkly. She had pressed the button.

"What's happening?!", Hoseok asked, confused, as he noticed Gigi's hand that was still touching the button, long after pressing it. Yoongi walked closer, glimpsing at what was written above it. "No fucking way", he whispered, turning around, "You're cutting of the air-"

"We had no choice", Gigi let out, tears falling down her glowy cheeks, "We thought Seokjin was going to kill everyone."

"Seokjin is dead! We had a plan, Gigi", Hoseok cried out, "We trained a special attack downstairs, one that was undefeatable for a guy like Seokjin-"

"It's too late now", Yoongi interrupted, turning to Jungkook and Taehyung who were still panicking inside the cabin, punching the walls of it to somehow get free, "Now tell me what these two are doing in there." His voice was serious, he knew something was up. He knew that Jungkook and Taehyung once again had saved none but their own ass.

"They-", Gigi had no words for this, "Look, we thought we were all gonna die anyways and-"

"So?", Yoongi asked daringly, balling his fists.

"There was only space for two", Gigi looked down, "So-"

"So?!", Yoongi screamed. The girl broke down in more and more tears, overwhelming her quickly until she sank down on the floor. But before Yoongi could say anything else, he saw her eyes shutting slowly, even though she tried hard to keep them open.
It got hard to breathe, he thought to himself as he turned around and saw Hoseok holding onto a chair, trying not to break down as his legs got weaker.

"No..", Yoongi whispered, coughing slightly as he sunk down to his knees, grabbing on Gigi who was now falling asleep, letting her down on the floor easily.

Jungkook and Taehyung stood there, seeing it all.
"No, no, no, no please let this not be real", Taehyung begged, closing his eyes as he pinched his sides to make sure he was awake and not stuck in a dream or a simulation.
"Taehyung this time it's real", Jungkook let out, tears falling down his puffy cheeks as he grabbed Taehyung's hand, squeezing it, "And all of this is our fault."

"We fucked up", Tae nodded, "Big time."

Jungkook chuckled weakly, "Told you we should have never had sex", he sighed as he watched Hoseok falling asleep as well, his head laying down on Yoongi's chest while he was holding onto Gigi. They all looked so peaceful.
"Right", Taehyung hummed, staring at their friends for a long time, "They're never going to see the earth." Jungkook shook his head, agreeing to Taehyung's words as he wiped away his tears, "Fuck this, if only we would have waited a little longer."

"If only", Taehyung sighed, "There's way too many ifs in my life already", he hummed to himself.
Then they got interrupted by a loud noise and the whole little cabin shaking so hard that they had to hold onto each other and the walls to not crash their heads into it.
They just arrived in the earth's atmosphere. From here on it the whole ship was going to crash, their cabin separating now from it to land safely.

They had it way too easy.

It only took seconds but it felt like hours until they finally reached the ground and their little cabin stopped shaking uncontrollably. The two of them kept holding onto the other for quite a while after they landed, not daring to move.
Taehyung's chest was moving rapidly as Jungkook lifted his head from it and looked at the boy, "We made it", he whispered, a tiny smile playing on his lips. "We really did", Taehyung grinned.

The two of them slowly pushed the cabin door open that was now able to open really easily. At first they got met by a strong smell of fire. Quite quick they realized that it was the crashed spaceship.
It landed not far from them, but there was nothing left of it. Only flames and ashes.
"Oh holy shit", Taehyung let out while Jungkook bit on his own fingers, trying to keep the anxious away from him as he saw the spaceship that used to be their home. "They're all gone, Kook", Taehyung hummed, staring at the ashes. "All our friends, our lives.."

"At least we have us", Jungkook said and then grabbed Taehyung's hand, "They were mean to us all the time anyways, don't forget that."

For a second they shared a smile but before they could say another word they heard a squeaky cough behind them. Both jumped around, looking at what was standing right there.
It was a little blue thing, with huge eyes and two things that looked like tiny tentacles on top of its head. "Hello", it said, tilting its big head weirdly, "Who this?"

Jungkook and Taehyung both gasped at once.

So this was what their spaceship had prepared to fight in a war for almost a century.

"I see fire!", it squeaked out, pointing onto the burning spaceship with its tiny fingers. It had 9 fingers at each hand and only two teeth that you could see when it was smiling. "Careful", it added and pushed Jungkook and Taehyung further away from it.
"Is you humans?", it then asked, touching Taehyung's skin carefully, "Feels odd."

"Okay but who are you?!", Jungkook let out questioning.

The squeaky thing smiled with its big mouth, showing the tiny teeth,
"I, u human, am king squiggy of planet earthli."

***