Chapter 20 - The Last One

Art Credit: In the image :)

Misaki texted me before class ended. With the sheet I had, I found myself waiting outside the door to the business classroom.

"Hey, you better now?" she greeted.

"Better enough to walk," My eyes barely escaped the list of pro heroes on the sheet.

"I've texted our crew. Shall we wait for them a bit?" She suggested, leading the way down the hall. Sakura met us outside the Department of Support.

"Ugh, I have so much work to do," She averted her gaze to Misaki.

"Yea, I can see Rylie's already pre-occupied with hers." Misaki added. There was a pause.

"She's always lost" Sakura's icy tone stung a little. Tsukki waved to Shinso before meeting up.

"What is it anyway?" Misaki's words made a little attempt to steal my attention.

"Our class is supposed to pick a hero agency as our second term project. And I can't decide which one." My voice barely left my lips as my thoughts evaluated each hero.

"Lucky," Tsukki scoffed. Toya emerged from class 1-B.

"Long day," He scratched his head, greeting Tsukki. I stumbled forward when Sakura's burly shoulder hit mine.

"I forgot my assignment in the staff room, I'll be back" she plodded ahead of us.

"Meet us in the dorms of 1-A, we're hanging out!" Misaki called after Sakura, the latter raised a fist in response.

"Wait, who said we were going to my dorm?" I slipped the sheet in the pocket of my shoulder bag.

Misaki grinned, "Well, I for one want to know who the lucky guy is" My heart leapt in my throat.

"Entertain yourselves. I'm going to carry on," Tsukki rolled his eyes.

"Wait! We'll also hustle on the court outside dorm 1-A" Misaki attempted to change his mind when Tsukki slung the bag on his shoulder. They briefly exchanged glances.

"I need to change out of these sweats. I'll meet you after" Tsukki marched forward. leaving just the three of us.

"Well, I think some practice will do some good." Toya agreed. In the long walk to my dorm, we discussed strategies to maximize points from the half court line. I soon realized that Toya and Misaki were not used to the chaotic nature of my class when the double doors to my dorm lobby parted. Midoriya kneeled on the couch, wearing a puppet in each hand. Eri's large bright red eyes were absorbed in his story. A neat assortment of colorful iced cupcakes was on the table. 

Kaminari and Sero were sprawled on the couch absorbed in a virtual Hatsune Miku concert. Kirishima's legs were draped on the small table, busy in a conversation with Mina. Sato's face was powdered in flour when he pulled out a steamy tray of cookies from the oven. Todoroki and Asui were discussing their quirks. With an earphone in one ear, Jiro was strumming a guitar trying to match the tune of a song.

"You should try those cupcakes," I pulled Misaki by the wrists. Toya stoically strut behind us.

"Hey Rylie and Rylie's friends!" Mina waved. Kirishima peeled himself from the conversation and waved back.

"Guys, this is Misaki and that's Toya" I pointed to my crew.

"Hey man," Kirishims fist-bumped Toya.

"How come I don't see you guys around?" Mina asked.

"I'm in the business course," Misaki replied, "It's in the far end of the hall"