Chapter 21 - The Unexpected Aftermath

Art Credit: Help me find the artist! :)

With my newfound motivation, I strut into class with my chin held high. Invitation or not, I was determined to prove my worth in class today. I reached my desk in time for homeroom.

Aizawa sensei hunched, lazily dragging himself into class. He placed down a book on the desk and his eyes drifted over our heads.

"I'm sure most of you must have received an invitation to conduct your studies with a hero agency." There was an agreeable silence.

"Those given assignments may approach me with concerns they have. We will occupy you with personal training which meets the motives of your assignments."

Mineta's hand shot up.

"Yes?"

"What if your assignment is low-skill like cleaning duty?"

"You'll soon unlearn that." Aizawa sensei stated. "We will be discussing your assignment for the first two lectures before a trainer on the campus is appointed for you." He paused.

"Bakugo, Todoroki, and Rylie," he didn't meet eye contact with any of us. "It was the lack of honest spirit that has left you with limited to no assignments."

Bakugo scoffed.

"Todoroki, you're plainly aware you have fewer offers compared to the number of internship assignments you were offered during the sports festival. Although you were selected by the Number 1 Pro Hero, consider this to reflect on your performance." Todoroki nodded, his face tensed a little.

"Bakugo," he looked at the blond who refused to meet his gaze. He gritted his teeth as his temper rose. "You're lack of performance has evidently left you with 0 assignments. That throws you back to the beginning with Rylie."

Rude.

"Do you care to explain?" He paused.

"That internship sucked," Bakugo grumbled.

"No," Aizawa stressed. "Your ego prevented your talent to grow. Best Jeanist has admitted to finding you very difficult of nature. Clearly, your unwillingness to learn has caught the drift of the other agencies. Hence, the two of you will be training with me." Aizawa sensei glanced at me. 

Even though a part of me dreamt, I knew the reality was going to be a nightmare. He called each student to his desk. My stomach twisted as I ran through my notes on my Ipad. I paced to the other end of the class.

"Izuku, can I borrow your notes?"

The question tore him away from his thoughts until his large green irises noticed the interruption.

"S-sorry," he pulled his notebook from beneath his desk and handed it over to me. The notes had me hooked as I meandered back my desk. There was a page on All Might's quirk, One For All. There was a muscular silhouette in the middle of the page, standing proud.

An arrow pointing to his bicep was labeled 'immense strength', an arrow from his thigh read 'Immense Speed', the one on his torso read 'Immense Durability' and the one from his heart read 'Immense Stamina'. The page next to it had an exhaustive list of attacks and their descriptions.

The next hero was Bakugo followed by the descriptions of the rest of the students of class 1-A. There were a few students listed from class 1-B. The last page was a rough sketch that looked like Hitoshi Shinso. Apart from the label, 'Quirk: Brainwashing', the entire page was empty.

The memories of  Ojiro's words came flooding back. He had warned me of his manipulation. A pat on my back interrupted me from my thoughts.

Ochaco pointed to Aizawa sensei, the latter glaring at me. I slapped the book shut and scurried to his desk. He closed the pen and placed it perfectly in the crook of his register. His stern look made me swallow hard on the anxiety welling up in my throat.