Chapter 4- U. A High

We were obediently tailing Ectoplasm-sensei from the Conference Room of the Main Building around the campus. The rhythmic footsteps of his lightweight prosthetic legs were the only sound that echoed in the halls.

As we headed out towards the campus grounds, I noticed large sprawling P.E grounds, as Ectoplasm clarified, where students were playing all kinds of sports. He continued to explain how there were several training facilities designed by experienced professionals who study the manifestation of quirks. As per my knowledge, he stated that there were training facilities for all classes and variants of quirks.

Ground Beta is a training course designed to fight crime in a standard suburban environment. Ground Gamma is a training course designed as a giant labyrinth of factories, heavy machinery, cranes and pipelines. I could sense the pulse of machinery on the far reaches of the sensory perception of my quirk. Ground Omega, which had a large golden omega symbol on the gate, was a huge forested area. On the way back, we were introduced to Gym Gamma. "This is an empty gym which Cementoss moulds with his abilities to suit the need of training individual quirks." Ectoplasm explained.

We headed in front of a garage beside the building. When Ectoplasm hit a button on the side of the entrance, the garage door slid open to reveal a couple of vans parked on the inside. Ectoplasm grabbed one of the keys from the cupboard and indicated us to sit in the van parked on the left. We were soon driving across a few acres of grassy land on an empty road. While Ectoplasm continued to brief us about the kinds of studies conducted at U. A during the drive, a large dome structure came into clear sight down the road.

As the building came into the clear, I recalled the giant dome structure from the 'U. A Sports Festival' video from before. Ectoplasm parked the van at its entrance and gestured us to get down. "This is where we will be conducting the tournament," he said as he led through a long passage each with locker rooms and waiting areas for participants on either side. We followed him through a door on the other side which revealed the inside of the stadium.

"Woah!" This time Toya awed at the stadium as he spun around to get the whole view. He was amazed by its grandeur. "That's going to be a lot of people." Sakura shuddered at the thought of his statement. There were goosebumps on my biceps as well. On the inside, the stadium is an oval-shaped, open building with three floors of seating. There are several screens around the stadium and a radio booth on the top of one edge. The arena of the stadium itself consists of a circular space with a flat square of concrete in the centre, surrounded by grass. It also has many gates that lead in and out of the field.

It was difficult for all of us to soak in the audience on the day of the game. I could hear the cheer and roars of on-lookers in my head. In my head, the arena songs played out like a football game where people did the Mexican wave and danced in unison. The goosebumps on my arms stayed with me the ride back.

As we walked back to the main building from the garage, I saw a series of buildings in the distance. "That is the Height's Alliance where we house students." As he followed my gaze to a series of buildings shaped like the letter 'H' in a perfectly straight line.

When inside the Main Building,  Ectoplasm guided us into a sterile-smelling small room with white curtains and a bed on a stroller by the window. "This is the Recovery Girl's Nurse's Office." He said when a short old lady appeared from behind Ectoplasm's tall figure. She had her hair tied in a netted bun and was wearing a pink helmet with a blue visor and a doctor's coat over what looked like a hero costume. "Hello" The woman greeted us with a gentle smile which brightened her face and further dented her nasolabial folds. "I am Recovery Girl." She said.

'Girl'?

"I am Rylie." I responded, "and this is my crew Team Deadshot- Tsukki, Toya, Misaki and Sakura." I pointed to each of them. By now, this brief had become very habitual of me. Both the teachers exchanged glances. "Will they be playing a match this Monday?" She asked Ectoplasm. "Yes," he nodded. "they came in for some formalities but I thought I could show them around." He hadn't finished his sentence when Recovery Girl impatiently limped towards her desk with a syringe-shaped cane. She hopped onto her seat in the middle of the room and twisted her chair to face the desktop monitor. Her little legs dangled from her seat. "Well, that means more work for me." She groaned dejectedly. "Don't do anything stupid." She called out before returning to view something on her screen.