Chapter 1- The Game

Rylie dodged the defender tailing her movements making sure her back shielded the ball from his sight. She jerked to the left and quickly gestured to pass the ball to her left as a decoy. Perfect. Rylie thought to herself as she saw an arm trying to reach out for the ball. With one swift motion, she stopped dribbling the ball and twisted to her right to pass the ball to her teammate on her right - "Sakura, go!" She yelled.

To the defenders' surprise, they watched as the ball flew overhead to a tall pale-skinned girl who was left wide open. She dribbled away from the centre and leapt into the air to make an arc shot. Three defenders around the court charged aggressively to encircle her as the ball left her hands. There was a moment of silence as everyone on the court eyed the ball in the air while repositioning themselves on the court in case the ball missed the hoop.

The referee's whistle blared and ended the silence. "And that's a wrap, 15-10. Team Deadshot wins."

All of us roared in unison and charged in for a team group hug. "Good job team! Keep up the great work." I said giving each one of them a fist bump as they exited the court to their locker rooms. "Great gameplan plan, Captain". Sakura said as she patted me on the back and jogged to fetch her towel from her mate.

After we got dressed in our jerseys, we climbed onto our bus which was our ride back home. As the engine kickstarted and steadied itself into a low hum, everyone pulled out their sandwiches and drinks too much on the ride. It was soon followed by energetic chatter.

"Who do we play against in our next game, cap?" Sakura spoke with a mouthful of food in her mouth while she offered me a bite from her sandwich. "Well," I leaned into the centre and pulled out a hologram screen in thin air in front of us with the list of teams we play against. Everybody leaned in from their seats. "Our next match is against U.A" I completed.

Sakura's eyes widened, "You mean the hero's school which keeps getting trouble with the League of Villains?"

"Why you scared?" Misaki leaned in toward the seat in front of her and playfully hit Sakura on her head. "If we do what we know best, I am sure we will have a great game." I said, and with my fingers, I closed the hologram. The drift from the speeding vehicle let my mind meander to the view outside the window. While the thought sunk in with the team, the wind cooled our nerves while we contemplated our plans for the next match.

"Do we at least know who will be playing on their team?" Tsuki asked. "I am sure we can find that answer on Youtube" Toya dismissed his curiosity and comfortably lay down at the back of the bus. "Folks remember, " I interjected his nonchalant response, "Basketball is a quirkless sport. So even if a hero school is our challenger, we are just going to be playing a regular game."

"Hmf," Misaki sighed dejectedly. "If I had my way at the game," she made the ball float a little above her head, "I'd slam the opponent right in the face and knock him out." She slammed her hands on the ball creating a loud sound startling everyone in the bus as a sudden sadistic grin spread across her lips. Everyone else was slightly scared by her demeanour.

"Let's try to give her the start of the game so she can give us an upper hand by scaring the fuck out of the opponent" Toya joked. "I'll second that." I chimed in.

Thereafter the ride was pretty silent leaving me to my thoughts. 

We have a balanced team. Misaki is the aggressive attacker who always found her way to pass the ball back to the team, Tsuki was an agile defender making him tough to overcome when the ball was in mid-court, Sakura was tall and had really long legs making her difficult to cover on the court which is why she was left open the last game, Toya was good with jumps making him highly unpredictable by defending the ball falling into the hoop the last second. As long as I can keep their game undisturbed on the court, we can manipulate the opponent to do exactly as we planned.

The bus dropped me off at my stop at 20:30. My apartment was a three-minute walk from there. Once I was home, I threw my shoulder bag at the couch and ran in the kitchen to cook myself a healthy bowl meal. I ate dinner while watching the NBA finals and played video games on my laptop before bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Next: The Team discovers secret strategies at Toya's house--

A/N

Hey guys thank you for 12 reads!! :)

So if you hadn't noticed I did low key anime crossovers for Team Deadshot. I rewrote their characters but I loosely tied them to their original anime personalities. Here are the reference images I put for the characters.

Edit- So for those who haven't watched the anime/s, it doesn't matter to the story since this is not a BnHA/MHA X Crossover. They are just reference images I put here for how the characters look. That is all.

 Can you guess which anime are they from?

Misaki

Tsukki

Tsukki

Toya

Sakura

Sakura

Hint: 2 are from the same anime and all names except one follow names of characters exactly from the anime

Hint: 2 are from the same anime and all names except one follow names of characters exactly from the anime. Answers in the next chapter! Stay tuned until next time folks! ;)