Chapter 22 - Bleed to Life

Art Credit: Help me find the artist!

My eyes widened.

It took a bit of force to pull us apart.

"Excuse me, what is this?" My head was turning.

He searched my eyes. Finally, he spoke "When you said you fancied someone I wanted to reach out and-" his thoughts were rushed.

"Wait, didn't you just ask out Sakura?" My brows furrowed.

"What?"

"And she rejected you two weeks ago?"

"No, that's not how it happened," his hand traced my elbow. I felt sick like it was a betrayal of my own feelings.

"No we can't," I shed his hands and looked away. "I'm into someone else,"

"Oh, I see," He took a few steps back. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"

And he disappeared away further down the lane to his dorm. The awkward silence lingered around me. I sunk my hands into my face.

This feels so wrong...

I trudged back to the entrance of my dorm.

"Rylie-chan!" I felt a tight grip on my shoulders. Denki Kaminari huddled behind me. Jiro's face was pale, a hand on her hip and the other twirling the cord from her earlobe.

"What made you think you could make fun of Momo like that and get away with it?" She cocked her head to the side, giving off a cold stare. Kaminari whimpered.

"Leave me out of this" I plucked his hands off my shoulders. I was on my way toward the hall when a voice caught me.

"Rylie!" Mina waved from the far end of the room. I walked over to her. The six girls were sitting around the coffee table in the far right of the room. Seated on top of the backrest, Mina's legs were draped over the seat. Hagakure, whose shirt and shorts outlined her sitting frame, handed over a mug to me. It was warm and a little heat escaped from it. A marshmallow sat on top of a dollop of cream floating on its surface.

"Sato made us hot chocolate milk. Here's yours" She said. I took the seat beside them with the mug.

"I have so much homework to do." Ochaco sighed, placing her cup on the table.

"If you need any help with homework, I can come to your room." Yaoyorozu offered. She placed a delinquent hand on her chest.

"Help me with my homework too!" Hagakure chimed.

"After we do homework, let's hang out at my place for a sleepover." Mina asserted with pride.

"Let's be real - kero. Rylie, do you think you will have time after the training session?" Asui looked toward me.

"Oh yeah, looking forward to your training?" Momo looked at me, her loosely knotted ponytail draped over her other shoulder.

"Honestly, no" I scratched the back of my head, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

Jiro paced back toward the couch. "I gave him a piece of my mind. What did I miss?"

"A homework session and a sleepover" Mina winked.

"Am in though" I raised my hand. "I'll come for the sleepover." I agreed. I finished the drink and rose from the chair.

"See you tonight!" Mina beamed and I waved back at them.

***

Later that evening, I found the largest pullover and the comfiest pair of trousers. Neatly fitting the towel, bottle, and sneakers into the gym bag, I wore a sweatband on my wrist and headed out. A neat high ponytail lifted the hair off my face.