Chapter 81

"You look so pretty," Emily covered her mouth with her hands. 

"You do too," I smiled. "I really like the bun in your hair."

"Rilla, you look pretty. Don't talk about me."

"Where do we go?"

"I'm going to go and make sure that everyone is sitting in the chairs and that no one is looming around."

"Why?"

"Well, 1. So no one will see you and 2. Because we have to go through all of downstairs to get to the driveway."

"Oh and the reception is going to be in the backyard. I see."

"Stay here, okay? I'll be right back."

She left the room and I sat down, fiddling with my fingers. Everyone was outside waiting for me to walk out that door and that freaked me out. 

I walked to the window and opened it up to find Emily looking around. She gave someone a thumbs-up, then ran back inside. 

"Nervous?" A female voice whispered. 

I jumped, and then turned and saw my mom standing there. "Mom!"

She gasped, and started crying, then hugged me. "You actually let your hair down."

"Yeah, everyone always puts their hair up for weddings, so I decided to curl it."

"You look so beautiful."

"Thanks, Mom."

"Your dad's outside waiting for you."

"Everyone's where they're supposed to be," Emily said. 

"Ready?" My mom made eye contact with me. 

I nodded my head slowly, then I grabbed my mom's hand and we walked downstairs. My hands were clammy from all my worries rushing through my head. Before I knew it, we were outside. I could hear my heels clinking against the floor as I slowly walked to where my dad was. Emily handed me my bouquet of black roses, then rushed up front and stood next to Richard. 

I smiled as I saw everyone standing with each other: Richard with Emily, Flake with Tracy, Christoph with Andrea, Oliver with Sylvia, Paul with Arielle, and Johnny with Caron. I was glad that Till chose to put Johnny in his party. Everyone turned around and looked at me, and I automatically felt my cheeks become red. 

Johnny started crying, walked up to me, and hugged me tightly. I shut my eyes and tightened my grip around him. 

"You look beautiful," He told me. 

"Thanks."

"Get in your place, Johnny!" Emily muttered. 

"What song are you walking down the aisle to?" My mom asked. 

"Nebel," I smirked. 

"How ironic!" Richard shouted.

"Shut up!" Emily slapped his shoulder. 

"A song about a breakup that you're walking down the aisle to."

I smiled. "That's what I was going for."

"There's your dad," My mom tapped my shoulder. 

I looked behind me and saw my dad coming out of the house. 

"I'm going to sit down," My mom walked away. 

My dad walked up to me and started crying. I shook my head and hugged him. 

"Absolutely stunning," He whispered. 

"Thanks, Dad. You look really good, too."

My eyes widened as I forgot that our kids were at the front. I ran to the front and saw Grayson standing with Marie Louise. I hugged them both, and then went behind them and hugged Nele as she carried Brenner. I hugged Keira and told her to stay next to Nele. 

"This little suit on him is adorable," She whispered. 

"I know," I kissed his forehead. 

"You look pretty, Rilla."

"Thanks," I walked back next to my dad, and that was when the music started. 

As soon as I saw Johnny and Caron disappear around the corner, I started shaking badly as the music faded away and my stomach started to get butterflies in it. 

"You alright?" My dad asked. 

"I'm just scared."

"So is Till."

"What?" I asked, my voice trembling

"I talked to Till before I came here."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one," I chuckled lightly. 

"I love you, Rilla."

"I love you too, Dad."

The piano version of "Nebel" starting playing and that was when I heard everyone standing up. 

I shut my eyes, and my dad and I walked in unison around the corner and to the start of the aisle. It was decorated with beautiful flowers and everything was green. I looked down, trying to avoid contact with Till, but I shook my head and decided to look up. 

Since we were further north, it was already dark outside, which made the lights shine brightly and made Till stand out better than anyone there. 

I smiled as I saw that Till was talking to Richard. Richard slapped his arm, then pointed to me, and Till turned to look at me. 

His expression changed to happiness. He smiled at me and crossed his arms in front of his body. 

As the chorus of the song started, we continued to walk down the aisle. I tried not to make eye contact with anyone, but I did with one person: Anja. 

The raven black of my bridesmaids mixed with the black tuxedos the groomsmen were wearing really clashed well together. 

Before I knew it, I was right in front of Till. My dad let go of me and kissed my cheek, tapped my arm, then walked away. 

I stood in front of Till, and I stared into his eyes as the marriage officiant started talking. 

"We are gathered here today..." His words faded away as I squeezed Till's hands. I remembered that we promised not to say our own vows because those were private between us-we were going to say them tonight. 

We put on our rings and as it came time to say our I do's, Till hesitated just to piss me off, but finally said it. Once I did, the marriage officiant said, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

"No," Till objected. 

My stomach dropped. I knew that something bad was going to happen-I knew that it wasn't right. 

"It shouldn't be that I should kiss the bride, it should be: you may now kiss the husband."

I punched him in the shoulder, grabbed his face, and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and shut my eyes. Till's hands made their way to my waist and I deepened the kiss. It was our first kiss as husband and wife, and I wanted to make it really special. 

I finally let go for air, and chuckled to find that everyone was standing, cheering, and applauding. 

"Come here," Till beckoned Nele and Marie Louise from his side. 

I turned to all the bridesmaids and I told Grayson and Keira to come stand by me, too. They rushed up and hugged me, and then Nele and Marie Louise stood by Till. Till grabbed Brenner from Nele, kissed me, and we walked down the aisle as a family.