Chapter 104

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Till shook me awake. 

I slowly rubbed my eyes and chuckled. I expected kids to wake me up, but not my own husband. He was standing above me with Brenner in his hands. 

"Down!" Brenner shrieked and ran downstairs. 

"Till!" I ran out from my bed and I helped Brenner go down the stairs. "You can't just let him go by himself!"

"What did you expect me to do?"

"Help me."

"How?"

"I'm not about to argue. We have to be at my parents' house in an hour."

"Want to get ready?"

"How long have you been up for?"

"Since six."

I checked the clock. "So about three hours?"

"Just about."

"You can go take a shower and get ready first. I'll stay down here with Brenner and make sure he doesn't get into any shit."

Till kissed me. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Till."

---------------------------------------------------

"Hello!" My mom threw open the door and hugged all of us. "Come in! You're so big, Brenner!"

Brenner giggled and ran outside. 

"Is he fine to be there all by himself?" I asked my mom. 

"Yeah," She assured me. "Merry Christmas!"

I went around and hugged my dad, Sylvia, and Johnny. Till and I sat down on the couch and I sighed. 

"Where's Grayson and Keira?" My mom asked. 

"Peter will drop them off in a little," I replied. "He has something planned with his parents. Where's Patricia?"

Sylvia looked out the window. "She's hanging out with Brenner."

"So, Till, what does your family do for Christmas?" Johnny asked him. 

"They aren't religious-they don't do anything."

"You're not religious, though."

"But I have a wife that is."

"Ah, I see. Is it hot in Germany?"

"Are you stupid?" I asked him. "Are you fucking stupid?"

"What? It's just a question!"

"That's like asking if the U.S. is hot or not."

"That's ridiculous. There's different states and they're all different," He gasped. "I get what you're saying."

I rolled my eyes, but then I immediately perched up as I heard a shriek. I ran outside and saw Brenner lying on his back sobbing. 

"I accidentally bumped into him," Patricia said. 

"That's alright," I calmly said as I grabbed Brenner and hugged him. "You alright buddy?"

He stopped crying, let go of me, and ran off with Patricia. I furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled as I walked back and explained to Till what had just occurred. 

"So fucking weird," I sat down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"You feeling better?" My mom asked me. 

"Can we not talk about that? Especially on Christmas?"

"I just want to make sure you're alright."