Chapter 118

-----------------------------------------------------------------October 7, 2005

"If I were to divide-"

"No!" Grayson whined, interrupting me. "That's not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to multiply the fractions."

"Then why are you asking me for help?"

"Because I need help!"

"With what? We have a calculator."

"Can I use it?"

I grabbed the calculator and handed it to him. "It's already nine...hurry." Once the doorbell rang, I opened up the door and saw Emily standing there. I hugged her, let her in, and we both sat down on the island in the kitchen. "Grayson's still doing homework."

"I see," She smirked. 

I chuckled. "How have you been?"

"Good."

"Can you guys be quiet, please?" Grayson asked. "You're too loud."

"You're literally playing 'Mein Teil'," I said. "That's louder than us."

"Then what would you like me to turn on?"

"Morgenstern!" Emily suggested. "That's my favorite song."

"Morgenstern it is!" Grayson switched the tracks and I rolled my eyes. 

"Hurry up, Grayson," I rushed him. 

"I'm done," He sighed and put his homework in his backpack. "Night, Mom. Love you."

"Love you, too," I kissed his forehead and watched him as he ran upstairs into his bedroom. "Do you want kids, Emily?"

We both walked over to the couch and she shrugged her shoulders. "Adam wants one."

"Oh! How are things with Adam?"

"They're really, really good, Rilla. I don't know, but I feel like he's the one. He treats me right, he loves me, and he just tells me what I need to hear. He's honest and he's definitely not a people-pleaser. He's my dream guy."

"I'm really happy for you."

"But, we're not rushing things. We're not taking things slow, either. We're doing it just right."

As I was about to answer, I was interrupted by a phone call. "Hello?"

"Hey, Rilla," Till said. 

"Hi."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Just talking with Emily. What are you doing?"

"Well, we're about to get ready for a show."

"Where are you again?"

"Mexico."

"Mexico...that's right. You having fun?"

"We definitely are."

"Are Regina and Arielle with you guys?"

"Yeah-well, kind of. Arielle and Regina both watch the shows, but Regina doesn't come to the after party shows (only Arielle does), and even then, she just hangs out with Paul b-"

"Wait, there are after party shows?"

"Yeah. I thought you knew this."

"No...I didn't. Are there groupies?"

He scoffed. "Rilla, don't be ridiculous."

"Just answer the question."

"Why is this such a big deal?"