Cut Open: chapter four

After dropping off Clair and Cameron off at their lockers, Josh and I headed for ours. Walking down the senior hallway, I couldn't help but notice. Where were my other friends? Usually, well in the past years, they would meet Josh and I in the parking lot, or the high school hallway. But I don't see them.

"Hey where's everyone else?"  I asked, looking over at Josh.

"Oh I don't know." He said, smiling, "probably late for school, as always."

And right when he finished his sentence, I heard someone running up from behind me. Suddenly someone jumped onto my back, while tightly wrapping their arms and legs around my body.

"Alex! Oh my god, I missed you!" A girl's voice, yelled into my ear.

"Who-" I started, but was then cut off.

"It's me, Ellena." She said, putting her head next to mine.

"Oh hi!" I said, wrapping my arms around her legs so that she couldn't fall off.

"So what's up brother from another mother? I haven't heard from you all summer! It couldn't kill you to call every once and a while." Ellena said.

"I-I was busy..." I said, my voice trailing off. That's it? That's the best I could come up with. I'm doomed. Ellena has been known to tell if someone was lying, and I sure as hell don't want her to catch me lying.

"Hey bro, where's your sister?" Aiden asked, walking up to me with Tyler, Adam, and Jake.

"Ha ha, she's in class? She's a freshman remember?" I said.

"God damn it..." Aiden mumbled, while we all laughed at him.

"Don't worry Aiden, she'll come around." Tyler laughed, while patting Aiden's back. Aiden glared at Tyler so harshly that Tyler jumped back.

"God, calm down Aiden." Jake laughed. Aiden, heh, the tough one of our group. Well he thinks that he's the tough guy, just because he wears black all of the time. But he is pretty strong, and skinny. Jake was the shy one of our group besides me. He always had his hood up on his sweat shirt, and didn't really talk much. Tyler, well he's more of the druggie and alcoholic in the group. And he gets wasted every weekend. Adam was more of the rocker type. Anywhere he goes, he has his guitar with him. I think it's because a new song could pop into his head at anytime. So he doesn't take the chance and leaving it at home. Ellena, she was like Clair, and sometimes I can't tell them apart. Ecept for their hair. Ellena's dark brown hair was always in her face, and I don't ever recall seeing her eyes before. And we all know about Josh. Ha ha.

"So anyways," Ellena said, " are we skipping school today? You know, so that we can catch up on stuff?"

"That would be a good idea," Jake said, " what do you think guys?"

"Sounds good to me!" Josh yelled.

"Yeah same here." Aiden and Tyler said. I'm surprised that Adam didn't say anything. I wonder what's wrong.

"No not today Ellena," I said, "lets at least get one day in, and then we can skip school all we want."

"Ha ha! Okay." Ellena giggled, sounding a little disappointed.

"God Alex, you're such a downer!" Tyler said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know." I said, smiling and starting to put Ellena down.

"No! Don't put me down. I'm really comfortable right here." She laughed, while clinging on to me.

"Fine." I sighed, while picking her up again. I hated giving piggy-back rides to people, but for my friends there's an exception. Especially Ellena. I've known her since kinder-garden, and we've always been close. But she always wants to take that relationship further. I don't know. I don't think I ever want to take it farther than what it is now. I mean I like her and all, but I just don't want to get hurt, or hurt her for that matter, " where to ma'am?"