Cut Open: chapter ten

I woke up screaming, my heart started to over work and pound rapidly against my chest. Quickly I sit up and place my shaking hand against my chest. Sweat slowly slid down my forehead and the side of my face. Slowing down my breath, I look around. I'm back in my room, and I'm in my bed.

My room is dark, and the light from the full moon, lingerers over my bed. . I look down at myself, holding my arm out in front of me in the light of the moon. My scars turned a dark shade of purple against my paper white skin. I noticed that I didn't have my shirt on, and I was still in my boxers. But my boxers were pulled down to above my knees, and a small delegate hand layed at the bottom of my stomach. What's going on?

I slowly pulled the covers down off of me, and looked at the figure laying next to me. A girl was laying there on her stomach, sleeping. Her black hair was messed up and in her face, so I couldn't make out who she was. I leaned over and softly moved the hair out of her eyes. Her eyes were still closed, and she didn't even notice that I had moved her hair out of her face. I placed the back of my hand on her cheek, and moved the rest of the hair out of her face. She was cold, like ice, and heavy black makeup engulfed her eyes. Something was strangely familiar about this girl....but I couldn't figure it out.

Quietly I rolled her over so that she was laying on her back, and the light of the moon was covering her body. I studied her body, but mostly her face. Her angel like face glowed in the moon's light. Then it finally dawned on me....it was Jenna. I was so sure of it. It just had to be her.

"Jenna...." I softly say, while leaning down and kissing her cheek.

Her eyes fluttered open, focusing on my face. She seemed a little alarmed, but pleased. I sat back up, and ran my hand over the top of her head. She slowly raised her arm, and placed her hand on my cheek. She smiled then my focus oddly went down to her lips, her pale white lips. Something was wrong, they weren't suppose to be white, they were suppose to be a light shade of pink. What's going on? A smile stretched across her face. The smile seemed meaningful, but I know, that from the way it formed, there was hurt behind it.

Pulling my boxers up, I got up and sat at the edge of the bed. Looking down at my feet, I tap them on the floor, trying to think. Is this real? Is this really my Jenna, or is this just another illusion, a trick, a lie. No, it's not Jenna, this is not my beloved Jenna. She's dead...but why can't I get her out of my head? Why do I keep seeing these images of her...

I turned and looked over my shoulder at Jenna, but she was gone. I knew it....I knew that it was to good to be true. My heart dropped and I turned my focus to what was in front of me. A white face popped in front of me. Blackness surrounded it, and the eyes were exactly like Jenna's. Heavy black makeup around them, and the baby blue color that I missed so much. But for some reason I didn't miss these eyes, hatred inflamed them, darkness consumed them. Those weren't Jenna's.

Black hair fell in front of it's eyes, and a pale body started to form behind the face. Purple scars and bruises, scattered through out it's body. It had nothing to it, just skin and bones. But what really freaked me out, was what it was wearing. A white tampered dress hung from it's body, and I knew this dress ever so well. It was Jenna's, but this thing wearing it, wasn't. An evil smile crept onto it's face, and it's eyes turned fiery red. A laugh that seemed to echo through out my room escaped from behind it's smile.

"He he, I love you Alex" It said.

My heart started pounding against my chest, and I couldn't breathe. It was Jenna...I needed to get out of here. Now. Quickly I jumped off of the bed, and darted out of my room. Running into the hallway walls I tried my best to get out of there as quickly as I could. Footsteps started to follow me, but I didn't want to stop and see who it was, or what it was. I couldn't.