Cut Open: chapter seventeen

Alone...that is how I feel right now. Ha that is how I will always feel. No matter how joyous my life might get or how cold and empty I may feel. I will always be alone. After coming in contact with Grace, my heart plummeted so deep, so far down into the darkness of my soul it just disappeared. I don't even have a heart anymore for that reason...My Jenna, my sweet Jenna. I had no idea that she was pregnant with our child.

Now all hope, all joy, everything is gone. All the emotions and heart I used to have, just...gone. Drained from my lifeless corpse that now sits in this hell hole. Cut off from any contact with the other patients here. I sit in exile. The plastic medical band around my right wrist, white clothing, crazy hair, and the dark purple circles under my eyes, finally showed who I really am. An insane 17 year old boy, emotionally unstable, physically and mentally abused. I don't deny it either because I know it's true. It's always been true, even since I was born, I had strikes against me. And now they're finally coming into play.

The room consuming me, plays a big role in my insanity...gloomy, cold, this melancholy atmosphere of screams and crying coming down the halls drives me crazy. I'm still loosing whatever is left of my sanity, and it won't take long at this rate. A small bared window was the only light source in my room. Locked doors, bared from the inside, no pillows or sheets. No anything. Am I really that much of a monster, for them to treat me like this? I feel like an animal, locked up in its cage just wanting to be free.