Cut Open: chapter three

I parked the car in the high school parking lot. A lot of people were here already, just hanging out around the cars. Waiting for school to start. I would have never come to school this early if it wasn't for Clair and Cameron. Usually I come to school late, but oh well I guess I have to break that habit now. Now I actually have to get up early, and drive Clair and Cameron to school. As well as myself. I pulled the key out of the car and sat back into my seat. Clair and Cameron were just staring at me, but I ignored them.

"So...can we go in?" Clair asked, unbuckling her seat belt.

"Why? School doesn't start until 8:05, it's 7:20." I said, slouching down into my seat, and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, but..." Clair trailed off then turned to look out the window at a group of senior guys around a truck. One of the guys looked back at Clair and waved. Clair waved back as well. I leaned forward and looked at the boy and gave him a dirty look. The boy stopped waving and gave a dirty look back, and went back to talking to his posy.

"Stay away from them Clair."

"Why?" She asked turning around as looking at me with a confused look.

"Because that's Trevor and his little posy. They're bad news Clair. I should know, I was part of his group before. And let me tell you, all they want is girls, sex, money, and drugs. So stay away. Plus you're a freshman this year, don't go making the big mistake of hanging with them."

"So why did you join they're posy?"

"I thought it would make me cool and get me attention. I got attention too, but just the wrong kind. All it did was make me an asshole." I said, unlocking the door and steeping outside . I leaned up against the side of the car and crossed my arms over my chest, and letting out a heavy sigh. I was pissed that Clair was starting to like one of the guys from Trevor's posy. You didn't have to be a scientist to see the love in her eyes. I just hope to god that it wasn't Trevor she was falling for.

I looked around a little bit at the people who were standing around. They were either all couples just hanging all over each other, or little posy like Trevor's. Every time I looked at a couple that were all over each other...I thought of Jenna and me. I wish I could have taken that day back. I slowly placed my hand over my side. The scar. That was the only scar that I had that had ever reminded me of Jenna. And still I wish that I could trade her places, Jenna didn't deserve to die....

Suddenly I came back to reality, feeling as if someone was watching me. I haven't had this feeling very often in my life, but ever since Jenna's death...everyday I've been getting that feeling. And as of right now, I could feel cold, heartless eyes gazing over me.

Lifting my head up, and looking at the clouds. I ponder through my thoughts over and over again. Then a very serious yet weird question popped into my head...

Could angels be real?

*slam!*

My head shot forward to the car in front of mine. A boy and girl started to get out of the car. There was something very eerie and strange about the site that I was seeing. I couldn't make out the girl at first, but she looked familiar....really familiar. I turned my attention to the boy. I was shocked. The boy....was me.

My jaw dropped, and my eyes widened with horror. How could this be? It must be my head playing tricks on me. I quickly shook my head and looked back at the car...it was still there. I watched as the other me walked in front of the car and helped the girl out of the car.

She stepped out and slowly turned her head toward me. Her flew across her face and it was difficult to tell who she was. I stared at her, and she stared back. The hair that flew across her face finally fell down, and landed on top of her shoulder. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Jenna.....my Jenna.