Cut Open: chapter eight

Running down the hallway, I race down to the gym. I've always been late to my classes, but never to P.E. I've always liked P.E. and I never knew why. Maybe it was because I love to run and exercise, or maybe just because of the hard work and effort I put into that class it just helps me not think of my problems. I don't know, but I really didn't want to be late to this class.

I ran quickly through the halls, weaving my way through the groups of people and the teachers. They didn't even care to stop me? Wow, some teachers. I finally got to the boys locker room, and ran through the door. Everyone was still getting dressed, and a lot of guys were still undressing. Thank god I made it. I went to my locker, and opened it up. A freshly folded shirt and shorts layed in the locker. Who did this? Then I saw a note laying on top of the shirt:

'Alex, I know that you're going through a hard time and all. But please don't do something as bad as suicide. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but I just don't want to see you hurt yourself. Seeing you cut is bad enough for me. Plus I know about your family and Jenna, and I do believe you that you seen her, and no I don't think you're crazy. Dude, you're my best friend. I've known you ever since we could walk. So please don't hurt yourself, I just can't bare it.

p.s. I noticed that you didn't bring any P.E. clothes, so I thought I would lone you a pair of mine.

Sincerely,

Josh "

Josh? Damn, I thought that he would be mad at me, or hate me. But I guess not, best friends to the end huh? I hope so, I've always thought of Josh as a brother to me. I took off my clothes and shoes, placing them on the bench. I placed the note that Josh gave me in the back corner of my locker, and grabbed the white shirt and put it on. Next i grabbed the black shorts and put them on as well, then I put my shoes back on.  

Shutting my locker, I start to walk out of the locker room when I'm stopped by someone. I turned around and saw Liam. I've known Liam ever since seventh grade, but if there's one thing that I've learned while I've hung out with him, it's that the only thing he wants is sex. He's not that bad looking, blond shaggy hair, bright green eyes, athletic, and smart. Josh thinks he's sexy, but that's just Josh.  

"Hey Alex! What's up bro? Haven't seen you in forever." Liam said, jumping over a bench and walking over to me.

"Hey Liam, not much. How about you? I heard that you actually have a real girlfriend now?" I laughed. Liam laughed too. Everyone knew that Liam was a player, and that he just wanted sex. Hell he's almost fucked every girl in this high school. No wonder he's so popular. But what's surprising to everyone, is that he's settling down in a relationship with someone. That's a whole new level for him, and he knows it.

"Ha ha! Yeah, I can't believe it either man. So hey, are you doing anything after school? Maybe we could hang out and catch up on some stuff?"

"Ah, I'd love to, but I have a lot that's going on. Maybe another time?" I lied. I mean what the hell was I doing after school? Nothing! As usual, I never do anything except walk around town, or watch TV at home. God, I'm such a bad liar, and Liam noes that too.

"Ha ha! Alex, you're such a bad liar. But okay, maybe another time." He said, patting my shoulder and walking out of the locker room.

I walked out of the locker room, following Liam and walked into the gym. Liam ran over to his group of friends and I looked for Josh. But I couldn't see him. Was he even in this class? He has to be, how else would he have put these clothes and the note in my locker? Ugh! I walked around the gym floor, and kept looking for Josh. I still couldn't find him. I walked past Liam's group of friends, I gave a discussed face as I pasted them.