𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1 - 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲.

————————Your POV: 1 month later

————————
Your POV:
1 month later.

"Another job already? Cant those men of yours handle it?" Scarlett took a sip of her vodka. It was 9 o'clock on a Friday night and we were sitting at our usual bar.

Pretty soon the horny men should be approaching us as always. Violets birthday was in two days and I was hoping to be able to take her to the surface for the day which meant I had to raise my price.

"Yeah but when I handle the job myself I get all the money for myself, you know? And since the stairway toll keeps going up I need to make sure I have enough money to go the surface with Violet for her birthday. I feel bad depriving the guys of money when I know they need it just as bad but it's what I gotta do to make sure Violet gets to see sunlight." I gently shook the cup of whiskey in my hand, glancing back as I heard the door open. Nothing special just a couple old men.

I sat up straight and crossed my leg over, hoping to get their attention.

"Clients 6 o'clock." I muttered to her. On cue we both started giggling and set our drinks down in unison. It was a simple game but that's how we got clients.

The two men looked over at us. Scarlett waved at them and smiled, "hey boys!"

I raised my drink and motioned for them to come over.

"Bingo."

"I was beginning to worry that no one was going to come in tonight. Hey, I'll come over and watch V tomorrow, just let me stay for dinner. My food stock pile is getting low and I was hoping to buy Violet a birthday present."

"Of course, you know you're always welcome."

ꕥꕥ

Scarlett ended up coming back to my place to spend the night. We all fell asleep in the living room after talking our asses off. I had to pick up Violet after work from one of my other friends, Everly. She wasn't a prostitute like Scarlett and I, more like my assistant in the gang.

I woke up early this morning in order to make breakfast for Scarlett and Violet. We didn't have much food so I just made some oatmeal with strawberries on top. Fruit like strawberries were pretty rare down here but I managed to steal some.

Just as I sat the three bowls down at the table Violet plopped down in her chair, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning missy, are you excited for your birthday tomorrow? I counted last night and guess where we're going!"

"Where?"

"The surface!"

And just like that she jolted completely awake, her eyes lighting up and a wide smile plastered on her face.