𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10 - 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞.

———————-Violets POV:Play music <3

———————-
Violets POV:
Play music <3

This is so....

Boring.

"Violet, I will be right back okay? There's some files I need to sort through."

"That's okay, I'll be fine right here."

"If you need anything just holler"

"Thank you Miss Daya."

Miss Daya is the nurse whom I'm accompanying today. In other words, the one who's left in charge of me for the next several hours.

Today's been slow and long. I went outside for a while but it started raining so I had to come inside since Daya said my dress would get muddy.

Although since I've been sitting here my mind keeps wandering back to the same place...

The letter sitting on me and moms bed.

Wait this is the perfect opportunity to go sneak a peek at it. I'll just be super careful opening the envelope and then seal it shut after I'm done reading it. I guess it's a bad idea since mom didn't want me reading it but she did just leave it on the bed. If she really didn't want me to read it then wouldn't she have like hidden it or something?

Maybe it's a bad idea but I won't know until I try right? Moms always been sneaky so maybe I got her genes for that. Well, hopefully.

Daya will be back in probably 15 minutes. Which means I should be back in 10 minutes tops, it should only really take a couple minutes though.

I stood up and slipped my shoes off quietly. If I take my shoes off then walking down the hallway will be easy as cake.

I tiptoed out the infirmary where I had been sitting, quietly opening the door and checking to make sure the coast was clear.

If Daya catches me sneaking out she'll probably be a bit mad and make me help her with filing, which is all the more reason I've got to be fast.

I dashed down the hall on my tippy-toes, holding my breath to be extra quiet. Once I got to the stairway I turned the corner and leaned back against the wall. I turned my head around the corner to make sure I wasn't seen.

"I did it. Phase one, complete." I whispered, shushing myself afterwards.

I quietly crept up the stairs pausing after each creak and mentally cursing at the loud noises they put off.