𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓- 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐥.

—————-

—————-

play music

(I cried writing this chapter with the music in the back it truly enhances the reader experience if you're able to handle it!!)

Levi's POV:

We reached Utopia District as the sun began to set. (Y/n) was visibly exhausted. The (h/c) haired girl had bags under her eyes and I'm sure mine have grown in size too. The anxiety was keeping her awake. There's no way she'd be able to sleep without Violet in her arms. But still, she was running on fumes.

"How the hell are we supposed to know what area of the forest to go to? Look around, we're surrounded by a bunch of fucking trees." (Y/n) ran her fingers through her hair, shook her head and sighed.

"Let's find the MP post. If they're willing to cooperate they should give us information of the accident that happened. They've got to have a record of it somewhere." I said, trying to cheer her out of defeat.

"If they're not willing to talk then we'll pry it out of them." Her grip tightened on the reigns. "God, Violet could be here or she could be all the way in Trost. I just want to know how she's doing..." I could never imagine being in her shoes. Sure, I've lost my friends. Many of them. It hurts me to see my comrades die even though I understand that it's the consequences of war. But (Y/n) watched Violet grow up, she birthed her. Fought tooth and nail to keep her safe. That bond is different than friendship. I forced myself to dislike the idea of (Y/n) joining the Scouts, let alone bring a literal child into HQ, "She's your daughter (Y/n). She may just be a little brat but she's got your genes. She's stronger than you know. You raised her well, if it comes down to it she can be just as disturbing as you I'm sure." But I understand it now. All (Y/n) wants is a good life for her child. Now that she is gone...her only option is to save her. Otherwise, there's nothing left. No reason to fight.

"You think so?"

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't."

"Funny, almost sounds like you're complimenting me."

"Maybe I am."

She raised her eyebrow and let a small smile tug at her lips.

"I needed that Levi, thank you."

Soon, we arrived to the Military Police post. It was dark now. The moon and stars were our only light. I told myself I'd borrow a torch from the officers here. Searching will be incredibly difficult if we've got no light.

(Y/n) swung her foot over her horse and hopped down, her horse whinnied. "Easy girl. Last thing I need is you running away from me." She grabbed the reigns and watched me hop off my black stallion. Me and her walked side by side to the designated area for our horses. We tied them up and headed to the entrance.