𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐞 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2) - 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝗼𝐟 𝐘𝗼𝐮.

————-Your POV:

————-
Your POV:

Pregnancy tests in the underground are expensive, nearly inaccessible. After all, the merchants who trade here probably didn't even think to supply us with them. They were a very new technology on the Surface anyway.

But still.

2 weeks later I had used 7 of them. 7 pregnancy tests to confirm that sick bastard had actually impregnated me as some strategy to inevitably make me forfeit my gang and accept defeat as a new mother.

All 7 of them had come back with the 2 lines. Positive. Usually I'm not the emotional type. I try to be laid back and chill especially around my gang and clients. But I was a wreck. In my head no matter what I'd be forced to forfeit the gang because I let this guy fuck me for some cash.

The thought made me sick. Literally physically sick.

Scarlett was over a lot. As much as she could be. For 6 of those 14 days she spent the night and tried to keep my mind off things. She said "worry about the present (y/n), the child is 8 1/2 months away. A lot can be accomplished in that time."  She spoke so wise and tall. Like the words of a mother to a child. I felt safe in her care.

3 months later.

James has been MIA for 3 1/2 months. I've had people search the entire city. He's gone. No sign of him or his crew at all. I got some information on him but from the sounds it, it's all inferences. Which gets me nowhere.

Knock. Knock.

"(Y/n), it's Evelyn!"

"Come in."

Everlyn stepped inside my office and shut the door behind me. She had a sheet of paper in her hand and a poorly concealed smile on her face.

"What's that?"

"Take a look."

She handed me a letter and sat down in front of me.

(Y/n)'s baby shower!
Hostess's: Scarlett and Everlyn
Location: Detlin Diner
Time: 7 pm tonight. (Sorry for the short notice)
Fresh bread will be served, gifts are not required or anything so don't feel obligated!

"A baby shower?"

Definitely Scarlett's idea.

I guess in these 3 months it's become slightly obvious that I am pregnant. Everyone in my neighborhood is aware now. There's been talk from a few of the newer residents saying I should step down from my position for the time being, that I'm not in the condition to defend a city. But I disagree. Ive made it my life's work to care for my people. There are some I've known my whole life here and I refuse to disappoint. But I also know that in the next few months I will be limited.