𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐞 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞) - 𝐈 𝐏𝐫𝗼𝗺𝐢𝐬𝐞.

———————8

———————
8.5 years ago.
music available
Your POV:

"Hey girls! You're a lot earlier than usual" Veronique waved to us from the bar. She starting preparing our usual drink orders.

Me and Scarlett sat down at the bar. We clocked in at 8:30 today instead of 9. I have something to take care of after work regarding the gang so Scarlett agreed to come in earlier with me.

The bar was nearly empty. There was one guy seated with a drink and a larger group just coming in. It was only 7 o'clock so that was to be expected.

"Here you girls go, I'm kind of glad you came in earlier today." Veronique sat the drinks down in front of us.

"How come? You miss us that much?" Scarlett smirked and took a swig of her whiskey.

"Don't be stupid Scarlett, that guy over there.." Veronique nudged her head in the direction of the dude seated alone. Now that I think of it he does look suspicious. Just sitting in the corner staring. Plus he's wearing a suit, much fancier than anything else you'd see down here. Who is he? "...he came in waiting for you (y/n)."

"Me? He's not of usual client of mine. I guess I get new clients quite frequently but none like that."

"Could he be from a rival gang?"

"Thats what I thought too, Scarlett. But there's a new no-weapon policy after one of the girls got stabbed by a client a few weeks back. Did you notice the bouncer outside? He's supposed to check customers -- aside from the working girls-- for weapons before they come in now. If he had anything on him then he would've been caught."

"I get it, it wouldn't be wise to come in here unarmed when im permitted to carry my switch. If he was here on gang business then id just kill him before he got the chance to kill me...well on that case, I'll go talk with him. Bouncers are allowed to remove people right? If I stick up 2 fingers then that means trouble. See you in a bit."

I chugged my drink and hopped out of the bar stool. The lights were dim but not enough for the mans lips to be unreadable from a distance.

"Perfect." He mouthed.

What a creep. He better pay well.

"Hello sir, I heard you requested for me?"

He looked into my eyes and smirked in delight.

"You must be (y/n). Seems like that bartender relayed my message to the right girl. I'm James, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, James." I spuriously smiled and sat down next to him.

He pushed my hair back behind my ear and cupped my cheek, turning my face towards his. His eyes..they weren't like my other clients. Theirs are lustful and dull but his are sparkling with corrupt intentions.