Twelve

Madison sat in bed and looked up as Max walked into the room. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Madison looked at him. "I'm okay. Where's Evie?" She asked as she took a sip of her water.

Max smiled as he sat down next to her. He sighed. "You don't need to worry. Evie and Sophie went to the park. And I thought that as they are, we could talk," Max said.

Madison sighed. "I don't know what to say Max. I mean there is a lot going on. And I mean it's a big deal to have an abortion. Plus we need to focus on Evie. And all that she's been through," Madison said.

Madison knew she felt torn over everything. Max took hold of her hand and smiled. "I know. But we have time to make a decision. It's not an easy one. But I'm here for you. No matter what you decide," Max told her.

Madison smiled. She was grateful she had his support. Especially after all that they had been through together as a family. Especially after Adam and what he had done to their little girl. Madison knew she needed Max now more than ever.

****

Madison stood in the kitchen as Max walked in. She smiled as she looked at him. "How was your meeting?" She asked.

Max looked at her and smiled. "Unbearable with your mother. But I had a thought. If it's okay with you and Sophie. I know Evie is ours. And I know how Sophie sort of feels left out. I thought you could adopt her. If you want to," Max said.

Madison frowned as she looked at him. She was shocked. And she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "I mean I love her. But I'm only a few years older than her. And it wouldn't be easy. I mean you'd have to find her birth mum, if it's what she wants. And get her to surrender her rights," Madison said.

Max looked at her and nodded. "If it's what she wants then I'll do it. Her mother is bad news. And I won't let Sophie get hurt. You're a great mum. So what do you think?" He asked.

Madison was shocked at the whole situation. She knew that she loved Sophie as if she was her own. "If it's what she wants then yes," Madison said.

Max looked at her and pulled her close. He kissed her. Madison knew that they had a messy home life. But she knew she loved her girls more than anything.

****

Madison smiled as she stood in the doorway of Evie's bedroom. She looked to see Evie and Sophie playing. It broke her heart slightly as she thought about what they had both been through.

And how much she loved them both. Madison knew she would love to have another baby. But she knew that she also had a big decision to make. And if she could have another baby. Especially when things were about to change.